TK 31689 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [AP][478]

Hey All  ^_^

I wrote this topic with Centurion in mind (explaining the extra photos) with the hope I can just copy/paste afterwards.

Basic Information

Name: Tim Magoolaghan

LegionID: 31689

Forum Name: JoblessPunk

Garrison: Golden Gate Garrison

Mandatory Information 

Armor Maker: AP

Helmet Maker: AP

Mic Tips: Keith's hovi-mix pa2 cast

Blaster Maker: HyperFirm

Optional Information: 

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 135 lbs

Boots Maker: TK-Boots

Canvas Belt: TKittel

Hand Plates Type: Karin's Standard Hand Guards

Neck seal Type: Veedox

Holster Maker: TK Bondservnt 2392

Build Thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29697-joblesspunk%E2%80%99s-ap-stormtrooper-build/

Photos

Full Body

Front - Helmet off 

eQk0sIQ.jpg

Front - Arms at side

zw11gGE.jpg

Left Side - Arms at side

9ZYS4K2.jpg

Left Side - Arm lifted

HgIYXXV.jpg

Right Side - Arms at side

xNb91A8.jpg

Right Side - Arm lifted

8B1DOkj.jpg

Back - Arms at side

lPBc58X.jpg

Armor Details

Helmet
WpSDdZp.jpg

BAXMy3T.jpg

0ADI9fG.jpg

tlSBvyx.jpg

Helmet - Handpainting close-up
WdXLSGK.jpg

a20LwBi.jpg

Helmet - Green lens
oEnudcd.jpg

Helmet - S-trim
8jqmx4e.jpg

Helmet - Mic Tips close-up
apD3zip.jpg

Torso - Front
duOYNmE.jpg

Torso -  Back 
xfUNcql.jpg

Torso - Left Side
ejQcB6T.jpg

Torso - Right Side
WIEMbue.jpg

Torso - Internal strapping
7JyBS6r.jpg

Abdominal Buttons - Details
rLdavoq.jpg

Crotch - Details
qFfWMVt.jpg

Shoulder bridges - Elastics
OlKyGkk.jpg

Arms
479r7tQ.jpg

Arms - Wrist openings
OYIvsqg.jpg

Handguards - Flexible
3QFQo4f.jpg

Belt - Details
VfwpRqf.jpg

Belt - Full inner drop boxes
kef3bYb.jpg

Thermal Detonator - Details
E30SDcd.jpg

Thermal Detonator -  Aluminium Clips
j2JNgcF.jpg

SjRE5T7.jpg

Thighs - Cover stripes length
ALbc2ty.jpg

Right Thigh - Ammo belt 
uHxxieG.jpg

MBR2GzB.jpg

Shins
cptOmxu.jpg

Left shin - Sniper knee plate
I0B80sx.jpg

7oBOGy8.jpg

Shins - Velcro closure
7lEdNG6.jpg

Boots
ZlNpcg6.jpg

Action Shot
VOLDRMD.jpg

Blaster

Blaster - Right Side
6NXcOeW.jpg

Blaster - Left Side
OlMSsJZ.jpg

Blaster - D-ring
VdJkpDn.jpg

Extra

Neckseal, thigh garder, 2 piece undersuit
nVrbwAw.jpg

Thank you for reviewing my armor  :smiley-sw013:

Edited by JoblessPunk

Very Nice build Tim, should be a easy EIB, good luck  :duim:

As for suggestions, Though the following won't effect EIB they will give your armor a cleaner more polished look.

1) Trim back your cover strips that are overlapping. Trip to the edge of your armor. Same with your thermal detonator, there's some return edge material that could stand being removed, again for a cleaner look.

2) Your belt is covering your lower ab buttons, it needs to sit below them.

Beautiful build, this is an easy pass, but yes please make those two easy adjustments mentioned above to make it perfect.

That new plastic that AP is using now looks ultra shiny compared to mine, I'm loving it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great looking build!  Gaz might ask you to tone down the gold on the scope, but looks like an easy pass! 

Only for Centurion, been there done that haha

Thank you for your EIB application, Tim!! I got my sunglasses on to keep the glare off your armor down. WOW!! Shiny and awesome!! Let's get to it!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

I wish ALL submission pictures were as nice and clear as these. Beautiful.  All pics, and some extra, have been submitted. Your armor contains all necessary elements for EIB and with that I congratulate and welcome you to Expert Infantry!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section, I will go over observations made by myself and your fellow troopers. These observations may lead to suggestions for improvements to the final look of your armor. If any changes are required, they will be listed in the CRL or Centurion Suggestions sections.

I do want to say how blown away I was with your painted details. Absolutely incredible. I almost called out decals on your tears because of the sharp edges. I was quickly corrected upon seeing the close up.

This is another set of AP armor that should be showcased. Your physical build plus your armor build really shows how the two can become one.  Dang...that was deep! Anyway.......Some good points for discussion have been brought up one being the extended cover strips on a couple of your parts. It just raises concern about the possibility of them getting snagged and popped off or worse, broken.

I, like Vern, find no issues with your thermal detonator. It seems a tad long to me, but this might also be attributed to the smaller diameter of the AP detonator. Please upgrade, AP!!!

Although gaps around the ears are accepted, It does seem like you could bring them a tad closed with few more turns of the screws. On the back of the right ear, I noted some trimming aspects that can be tried if you wish. post-12041-0-24551600-1436191727_thumb.jpg This coupled with screw tightening might lessen this if you wish. 

Kudos to your sniper plate install! AP snipers have given more than one person gray hairs. Many need to clamp the daylights out just to get any surface contact for gluing. yours looks like you haven't clamped it at all. Care to share share your technique??

Centurion Suggestions: 

I try to see and point out all I can for this section but the ultimate responsibility of Centurion accuracy is up to the trooper.

Tim, I have a great deal of concern here! I am not being dramatic either. Sometimes I must be the bearer of bad news when it comes to an adjustment but most times these won't be seen in the final product. Most times, I ask that the waist belt is positioned so that it sits directly against  or SLIGHTLY overlapping the bottom edge of the button plates as seen here:post-12041-0-10140400-1436193029_thumb.jpg

Most corrections are asked because the belt is TOO LOW. As Tony has observed and I agree with him,  yours is a bit too high as it is actually covering the bottom buttons on both button plates.post-12041-0-13593800-1436193505_thumb.jpg

Normally, this wouldn't be too much of a concern because the snaps are behind the belt so a new location on the belt or the ab itself is hidden behind the belt. I drew a belt line simulation that shows your left snap location will pose a problem when it comes to relocating.post-12041-0-07528600-1436193518_thumb.jpg I realize that some minor ABS paste work will be required here. Thank goodness the post hole is tiny so you should be able to make this repair almost invisible. 

Bless Hyperfirm in the security of a close to unbreakable yet attractive blaster. Midas has left his touch again on the scope. Some back acrylic paint will tone this down and keep it down.

congrats again on your new EIB level armor!!

• Like 3

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

Woo hoo! Glad you liked the photos, I was trying to make your job as easy as I could  ^_^

Thank you very much for reviewing my armor, super proud to be part of the EIB  :smiley-sw013:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

- Haha, yeah, my friend and I were playing with lighting the helmet and got a bit carried away, its pretty shiny in person, but most of it is how we lit the bucket. 

- Thank you very much, painting my helmet was super hard, and being a slight perfectionist it took me a few (well more than a few) tries to get it how I liked. That said, I can not take all the credit, my amazing girlfriend helped me paint the pin striping.  ^_^

- Thank you for the complements about the AP armor build. Really, I wouldn’t have been able to make it without all the amazing people and information here on the FISD. 

- Cover strips: I agree, a few of them are a bit too long. I plan on cutting a few of them down, namely: Left Shin, Right Thigh, Right Shin, Right forearm.

- Thermal Detonator:  Reviewing what others do, it seems like everyone buys a replacement TD from another vender. Kind of a bummer that AP’s is a bit small, but at one point I do plan on picking up a replacement. 

- Ear Gaps: I agree my right ear is quite wide. I’ve been playing with the idea of fixing it, but right now I like the “authentic†feel it’s giving off. That said, probably I’ll get another helmet down the road and make those ears flush (can’t have too many helmets right?).

- Sniper Plate: Thank you! 

Really, trust me, it was not easy at all. That AP sniper plate does not fit, so you have to tweak it and clamp the heck out of it. 

As for technique I don’t think there really was any. I just used a lot of blue tape, a lot of E6000 glue, and popsicle sticks with clamps to add pressure in exact areas. I really wish I took a picture, but at the time I was just glad to have it in the spot I wanted. 

Centurion Suggestions: 

AB Plate: No worries! Thank you for reviewing :)

Tony and I have and this conversation over the past month or so. I have already ordered a new ab plate and it is currently being shipped to me. 

Hyperfirm Blaster: Will do, do you have a suggestion of what brand of paint I should use and/or should I thin out the paint a bit before applying? I would love to see what others have done if it is posted on the FISD. 

Thank you again for reviewing my armor.

I'll make these corrections, post the progress on my build thread then apply for Centurion  :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

Looking good Trooper!

Best of luck on your application...

Thank you! 

Very Nice build Tim, should be a easy EIB, good luck   

As for suggestions, Though the following won't effect EIB they will give your armor a cleaner more polished look.

1) Trim back your cover strips that are overlapping. Trip to the edge of your armor. Same with your thermal detonator, there's some return edge material that could stand being removed, again for a cleaner look.

2) Your belt is covering your lower ab buttons, it needs to sit below them.

Thank you Tony, I'll definitely work on these and post my progress on my build thread. 

Beautiful build, this is an easy pass, but yes please make those two easy adjustments mentioned above to make it perfect.

That new plastic that AP is using now looks ultra shiny compared to mine, I'm loving it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you! 

novus shines it up just fine.

The T det looks fine to me... 

Yep Novus is amazing, a little elbow grease and a hour or so is all it takes  ;)

Good luck on EIB!

Thank you! 

Great looking build!  Gaz might ask you to tone down the gold on the scope, but looks like an easy pass! 

Thank you!   

Yep, sounds like the scope needs to be tone down a bit. 

Great photos, regardless of the armour!

Do the cover strips get in the way. I'd trim them down to flush with the armour pieces, but should be an easy pass anyway! Great job.

Thank you! 

I haven't had a real problem yet, but I'll be adjusting them.

Nice painting job on the helmet and buttons!  That's a sweet belt!  Although I might be biased.   

Should be an easy pass!

Thank you! 

haha, your belt is amazing, thank you for making such a great product. 

Approved!!! Well, at least I would approve it.  

Thank you!  

You really should shine up that armor some 

Great build, good luck!  

haha, Thank you!  

Congrats Tim    

Woo hoo! EIB!  :smiley-sw013:

Alright Tim congrats my fellow garrison brother. Welcome to EIB sir   

Thank you!  :smiley-sw013:

you can use angelus leather paint on hyperfirms... it's flexible.

Thanks for the tip! I'll try and track down some Angelus Leather Paint. 

Congrats and welcome to the EIB ranks! Another AP woohoo! :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Thank you!  ^_^

Congrats and welcome to the ranks trooper

Thank you!  ^_^

Edited by JoblessPunk

AWESOME!!!  Another EIB for the Golden Gate Garrison!   Good luck on Centurion.....you're almost there brotha!

You should troop with us this Friday at the Giants game (its Star Wars Day!).

• Like 1

Well it sounds like you are all over this! Truthfully, I wasn't too worried. An entire new ab seems a stretch to me but you are the perfectionist! Go for it!!  Stay affordable on the paint for the scope. Any acrylic paint in a tube will apply well and be durable. I truthfully have no idea what the paint Vern suggested costs. I'm sure its a good quality paint, though. Carry on, Trooper!

AWESOME!!!  Another EIB for the Golden Gate Garrison!   Good luck on Centurion.....you're almost there brotha!

You should troop with us this Friday at the Giants game (its Star Wars Day!).

Thank you!  ^_^

I already have plans this Friday, if not I totally would. I've been lurking our Facebook and it looks like that event will be super fun! 

Well it sounds like you are all over this! Truthfully, I wasn't too worried. An entire new ab seems a stretch to me but you are the perfectionist! Go for it!!  Stay affordable on the paint for the scope. Any acrylic paint in a tube will apply well and be durable. I truthfully have no idea what the paint Vern suggested costs. I'm sure its a good quality paint, though. Carry on, Trooper!

Yeah, I am a bit of a perfectionist, plus a replacement Ab Plate wasn't too much  ^_^

Thanks! Once I get all the parts/supplies I need I'll start working on the corrections. 

• Like 2