Fitting gloves under forearms

This may be a daft question, so bear with me...

I'm on my second armour kit now, and have gone for chemical gloves with the fixed latex hand guards. Previously I had velcro to open and close forearms, but for a more accurate version I'm going to fully close them on my new kit. Here's the thing: how do you get your gloves on, with the hand guards in place with non-opening forearms?

I've had a practise run where I put them on after the forearms were on, but it's a right bugger to stuff the wrist of the gloves under the armour. It's also to tight to slide your gloved hand through the forearms. 

What's the consensus here? I feel I'm missing something stupid....

Cheers 

I put them on after the forearms are on, and wiggle the gloves down inside. When in a hurry, ask a handler to help you.

• Like 2

I think it really depends on how you cut, trimmed, and assembled the forearms.  And, it depends on how you attached the hand guard pieces to the glove.  For me, I used one of the tutorials here that utilizes straps which are attached to the forearm pieces via velcro, which then slips on around the gloves.  So, I can attach the straps onto the forearms beforehand.  Then, I put on the gloves (if i want to) and slip on the forearms afterwards.  

However, I've found that if you put on the gloves near the beginning, it's hard to put on everything else.  So, I usually put on the gloves last and just slip them into the forearms.

Thanks guys - I spent a while the other day trying different methods and found that just holding the wrist of the glove inside the forearm before sliding my hand into it (with a lot of wriggling and swearing) works the best. I did the cover strip method with both sides, so can't open them.

I'm winning now though.... :)