Diamond State Props

Forgive me if this has been covered before, but does anyone have any experience with this vendor? Something popped up on my newsfeed yesterday and I went to check it out. Good looking items very reasonably priced.

I was thinking about picking up a DLT heavy blaster for my TK.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.

Darren

I can tell you that Chad and Joe are two great guys in our Garrison. This is a relatively new venture for them, but they seem  to be doing some really nice work. I'll post up if I get the opportunity to take some first hand pictures. I was just chatting with them yesterday about a future project.

Must be new on the market because I had never heard of them before. The pictures they post show the mould masters are scratch built from pvc pipes and other bits, but look decent. Will probably not hold up against castings from actual MG's, when comparing details.

As usual, buyer beware.

• Like 1

Must be new on the market because I had never heard of them before. The pictures they post show the mould masters are scratch built from pvc pipes and other bits, but look decent. Will probably not hold up against castings from actual MG's, when comparing details.

As usual, buyer beware.

They are new to doing this, having set up shop just a few months ago. I'll see if I can get them to post up here soon.

I just asked emailed Chad (@ Diamond State Props) and asked him if they were making a T21 also. His reply:

"Hi Don! Thank you! We really appreciate the support of our small business. Thank you for your compliments! A lot of work went into this rifle. Now I can't wait to get it out to you. 

We have had interest in the T-21, but it's not on the docket quite yet. If someone does want to commission us to do it in the near future, I'll let you know. I'll keep you updated on your build."

:duim: 

• 3 weeks later...

Someone posted pictures of theirs that they purchased from Diamond State Props. I'm reposting here for reference as to what the final product will look like. 

The makers recommend that the blaster be painted with a metallic/silver coat before putting on the Black Matte and Sealing coat.

According to the prop makers, the blaster can be broken down into smaller pieces for better transportation. However they warn against doing it often as the screws may eventually strip the PVC/Resin. 

I'm interested in purchasing as well and these pictures really help my decision process. Hope this helps! 

11751423_1637146519865106_55913843070061

11781762_1637146549865103_49301964037636

10431517_1637146583198433_29730463098935

11760156_1637146596531765_32411866733382

11737806_1637146633198428_18901345625806

Edited by UHCoog12
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My DH-17 is primarily pvc, with what seems like a resin cast singlepoint scope. I had them put a metal tube inside the main body to add some heft. Seems VERY sturdy to me. I imagine the DLT-19 is more or less the same materials. By their own admittance, they specialize in pvc work. Pretty sure impact would not be an issue.

I'll echo droid hunter on these guys. They are good people and are making some good blasters I saw the do-19 first hand and it is amazing They also did a ion blaster and a Kalus blaster They just finished a ESB E-11 for me I'll pick it up and post pics here As are as hyper firm, I believe they are rubber and un-breakable

Edited by Darth Havoc

I ordered a DC15s and an F-11D.  I couldn't be more impressed with the sculpt and casting.  Very little clean up and super crisp.  Only complaint I could see is the trigger for the F11 is easily snapped off.  I just cut mine out anyway.

1C5278E3-1618-48A0-BA6D-8EA1DD824821_zps

EA87074C-2217-4AEB-808F-141BDA7EE87C_zps

Hi Jim,

I'm sorry! It's almost done.. we're working really hard and as fast we can I promise! I'm also painting it for you for no charge. We are starting to catch up so shorter wait times are coming. Thanks everyone for your support.

• Like 1

Hi Jim,

I'm sorry! It's almost done.. we're working really hard and as fast we can I promise! I'm also painting it for you for no charge. We are starting to catch up so shorter wait times are coming. Thanks everyone for your support.

Thanks Chad. I look forward to owning this one.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, due to overwhelming demand, the upcoming Star Wars movie, and the holidays, we are temporarily postponing any more new individual orders until further notice. We need to concentrate on our current loyal customers and fulfill their orders first.

Starting the first week of March 2016, we will be converting from individual sales to doing runs.

Our first run will be (20) DLT-19s and they will ship out the week of March 13. Orders for this run will be open later this week or early next week via our website:
http://diamondstateprops.com/

• 1 month later...

As usual, buyer beware.

After close examination these are very well made products, yet lack some details I'd like to see included.  Perhaps with some education the models can go into V.2...

Good luck!