Marhsall's Doopydoos E11 pipe build

Marshall

My only complaint is that after the first troop the paint job already starts to scratch off the aluminum tube. This notwithstanding the careful preparation (sanding to roughen up the surface, cleaning from hand grease, primering, and several thin color layers) that I put into it (with my wife obliged to witness the whole process for days in the living room :D .

Also in some points where I had some tape to keep pieces during the glueing phase, the paint has heavily peeled and need some major repaint, which I'm not exactly eager to do if this is the result after each troop...

It's ok to have it weathered, but this is maybe too much ;) .

That's a shame about your paint adhesion. I'll need to do some research on that as I'm gearing up for an aluminium pipe build in the near future. I know a guy who can do shot/sand blasting so I might hit him up to try it gently on the pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I've bought a 2 component spray epoxy primer. It says it's good on difficult metals so might be the right choice foe the aluminum tube. Will let you know when it'll arrive and I'll have the time to rework the blaster once more. I'll have to disassemble, remove cables, led strip+ transparent tube, circuit boards, battery ans loudspeakers, protecting the grip and the other glued parts, then sanding the old paint on the tube and finally re-primer the whole tube, repaint and maybe a clear matt coating for extra protection...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. So new paint job done.

After sanding it I primed it with an epoxy 2k spray from Spraymax. Then some layers of a better matte paint and then some clear transparent matt protective layers. It seems pretty a good paint job now.

ihOzQqC.jpg

Now it's time to rewire it and test the electronics before reinstalling everyhthing. It shouldn't have been a problem but considering that I had to leave the buttons attached in the grip and spray everythong again, I wasn't sure that the masking had completely donw its job.

Check this video

https://youtu.be/KVTdParHUQM

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

And these are the almost final pics.

I still need to find a mesh (mosquito shield?) to cover the charging bolt long hole in order to hide the cables but also leaving some sound coming out from the speaker (now it's too muffled). Then I need to do a fake charging bolt, maybe from an aluminum sheet, as the resin one I have does not fit with all the cables inside. I also need to do a proper button cover on the counter. But it proved to be nearly impossible to work with the current micro switch. Any suggestions?

Nonetheless, I like the intermediate result.

4eLcJJu.jpg

81mtOiI.jpg

u4JObLu.jpg

OJpNLEr.jpg

dVSvvon.jpg

gMAl4C9.jpg

zrGcUvC.jpg

iut83ne.jpg

e0yZnW5.jpg

jdkFvSn.jpg

jYX117X.jpg

And here's a video of the blaster in action