Jkno's MGC ROTJ E-11

jkno

I finally got an original and mint full metal MGC (Model Gun Corporation - Japan) Stormtrooper blaster, and it is one of the best conversions I've seen. True prop collectors know how rare these things are, I wanted one for ages. It still misses a small greeblie, but I will get that separately and add it myself.

The Stormtrooper blaster comes with:

- Aluminum scope rail
- Accurate Weaver Scope Ring
- Aluminum Scope with separate glass lens (from Boba Debt's last run)
- Aluminum Barrel Rails
- Accurate Mr. Sparkle Hammer Greeblies
- Real RO72 Sight
- Lightly weathered

And it also came with the original MGC cardboard box from the 80's, which is insanely cool. Now to make some plaques and a cool metal stand for this beauty.  :)

jwnYXSA.jpg

AcQJ19X.jpg

5ZcnPDY.jpg

UvRPBmm.jpg

GSffX6P.jpg

VI4vt7V.jpg

Special thanks to the two friends who so kindly helped me with getting this baby.

• Like 5

very very nice!

Nice! :duim:

Thanks a lot Vern and Mathias.  :smiley-sw013:  This board was an inspiration for me! Vern already tried to help me some time ago, and glad finally was able to get this rare blaster in my hands. Now hopefully our talented friend Andy will make the cool metal stand run seen here, though a minor modification will be needed for MGC's due to the first hammer greeblie and the back support that touches it.

at one time I had collected all the parts needed to do all the e-11's in the films... then I had a car accident... and it all went away....

took me over 5 years to do.. and in 30 seconds it was all gone..

What I like about yours is that the C tracks are the correct size and even the bend in front is exactly correct

perhaps sskunky should take note of your C track style!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392
  • Like 1

at one time I had collected all the parts needed to do all the e-11's in the films... then I had a car accident... and it all went away....

took me over 5 years to do.. and in 30 seconds it was all gone..

What I like about yours is that the C tracks are the correct size and even the bend in front is exactly correct

perhaps sskunky should take note of your C track style!

Thanks Vern. I know about your problems, sorry to hear about that. Your dedication to blasters is unbeatable.

I have to admit that this built was not done by me, but the friend who did it, had an excellent eye for details. He went for the best. The door catch/latch greeblie is the only part he didn't get, again from what I understand he wanted the best from a possible RPF run that never happened alas.

What would you recommend for the door catch?

• 5 months later...

Final setup of my Model Gun Corporation ROTJ E-11 Stormtrooper blaster - special thanks to Matt for the cool metal stand, and to everyone else who helped me get this awesome piece in the first place, or the greeblies for it:  :)

L1FXdg2.jpg

yckIgdX.jpg

fSMXSUN.jpg

fTu9APi.jpg

5mHDESe.jpg

zA01XOJ.jpg

jP6W3ga.jpg

• Like 4

I love it! CCongrats, this is a perfect piece of collection. Now I just need to do the same with my MGC too. I might ask you some advice down the way one of these days ;).

Thanks Germain. If I can help, no problem :)

Very impressive work Sergiu. I love the stands they really show off the blastets well.

Thank you Chris. Our friend Rob made them. :smiley-sw013:

• 6 months later...