AM 2.0 Armor Build in Ohio

Sorry I haven't posted any progress lately I have a lot done, but my work has slowed me down a bit but I'm so close!!! But today I'm taking the time to explore 3D printing some armor! I have found some Scout armor files all set up for printing, and several new helmets including death trooper and shore trooper. This ma take weeks to print everything but since the printer to I'm using prints in abs plastic I'm hopefull the skills on my current build will help me here. More to come today!!!!

Were using a Maker Bot 3D printer here with ADS plastic set at a medium resolution.

F9447C3A-39C6-4F5D-B3A3-B3D4E918064F_zps

The first pice I printed is the front Top right side, took 2.5 hrs (wow! that was long) but the piece is a lot thicker and stronger than i thought it would be.

0E594DF3-CAA5-48A9-881C-D4E9B8F21924_zps

FCCB207D-F979-4508-B859-0D366E8A1BCC_zps

E7930674-AF91-438F-825E-5C937B812DA6_zps

967262AE-B130-479E-8BE6-BF6F46E12FB6_zps

The nose piece only took 40 minutes

0A03DDC5-00C4-40C7-85C9-6FA63DD903B7_zps

Small nose detail printed in a few minutes. and so did the pins to hold the mask.

This project may take some time, there were over 12 pieces for the helmet and over 25 for the rest of the armor parts on the biker scout, and I only go to the school 2 or 3 times a month. Maybe I can find a student to print them for me and I'll pay him...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Snapps finally coming together!!

FullSizeRender%202_zpszdetlakl.jpg

Need to trim some arms I have no mobility, and need to move a shoulder snap back father, its of forward and is pulling on the shoulder strap. Anyone see anything to bad?? 

FullSizeRender%203_zpsjp5lf35v.jpg

Well over than the baggy green shirt.

IMG_2928_zpszc0qoboh.jpg

FullSizeRender_zps8gcqzohm.jpg

Hey Richard, coming along nicely. I would remove a good majority of the back plate return edge so its positioned better on your back

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31920-ukswraths-am-10-build/?p=418893

• 2 months later...

I trimmed the back plate, that looks better now. I think I may have made my thigh armor a bit too tight.<br>

So either I need to loose more weight faster or adjust, and by doing so I'm thinking increasing the back abs strip to be bigger. But that would make my armor in accurate. I'm mentally stuck on this problem, any thought would help me a lot, please comment and give me your thoughts.

• 2 months later...

Started imperial tech and tie-fighter get up, got hat, jumpsuit and boots so far, suit I got from Amizon cosplay store and I'm surprised on how nice suit is!! I have short legs so the need altered a lot in the leg length.9F086C99-8EF5-4F0D-A49A-360AADEA5E50_zps

Edited by rduda
  • Like 1

So I got my tie helmet today, tubes and armor are a few days behind. It's from Planet Sith, hope it meets regulations once finished, but I think it looks sweet!!!!

image4_zpsuke867au.jpg

Front View

image3_zpszald5lsd.jpg

Side View.

image1_zps3gc3pyvo.jpg

I put my spare S tube on, saw on the certifications it was optional.

image2_zpsrgiiv8uq.jpg

Me in all my glory!

Bucket is from Planit Sith, I think it looks really nice. It came with requested pain style and lenses and foam were already done when I got it. Packed good too no problems, today I get my jumpsuit legs altered and hopefully the armor and chest will come. Still waiting on some small pieces like gloves from wompa wear.