AM 2.0 Armor Build in Ohio

You are a fantastic artist. Do you do commissioned work? I'd like a spiffy sandtrooper signature block.  

Yes I can, I'm off all this week too, and 2 weeks next month so I have plenty of free time, just let me know what you want. send me an e-mail richardduda@sssnet.com

A Tk Stunt only has 8 teeth cut out. 4 on each side. You're going to have to get some ABS paste and fill in the two smallest teeth. Not a hard fix at all though! 

Ugg!! I went cut happy. Thank you for catching that early. I got the info from you on how to fill it, thank you, wish me luck.

Thanks Walter, I'm glad you like it!

OK! I got my canvis belt in the mail this week! Very nicely made, I could never had made something this nice. Love it!!

image3_zpsvo0fr9qs.jpg

Went over to my moms today and got my dads Leather puncher:

image1_zpsqmmamnqi.jpeg

Go into the trooper armor brown box and… wait. 2 belts? Im guessing one Stunt, or hero or sand trooper?

image2_zpst5pqthnt.jpg

Got to order my detonator clips still, but I can start on the rest of the belt. Time to look up the instructions, research is the funist part  :D 

Any hints or tips on this part are welcome!

Thanks for the Info, I'll be working on it tomorrow, lets see if I have the cur rage to do some cutting! In the mean time more toons for the countdown:

22Days_zpsipdkg9q6.jpg

21Days_zpslhclxqgy.jpg

20Days_zpsaxwj4ly1.jpg

19Days_zpsjoa2r5a4.jpg

By the way, like the new banner for Airborne Trooper (I do commissions!)

OK I have a rivet gun now, I think I have all the tools to get my belt started. for researching how to put the darn thing together I found this diagram. What do you guys think, is this the best way to put it together? I thought the plastic belt would have just been riveted to canvas part, is this just one possibility?Belt%20rivets_zpswbytquig.jpg

OK I have a rivet gun now, I think I have all the tools to get my belt started. for researching how to put the darn thing together I found this diagram. What do you guys think, is this the best way to put it together? I thought the plastic belt would have just been riveted to canvas part, is this just one possibility?Belt%20rivets_zpswbytquig.jpg

Check out Trooperbay's videos on YouTube. Belt construction is covered in one of them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Check out Trooperbay's videos on YouTube. Belt construction is covered in one of them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Important Note: Trooperbay's youtube example of measuring and placing the snaps in a predetermined position on the ab plate first will not work with the AM 2.0 armor configuration. It may work for another manufacturer's armor but not mine.

Make sure the female snap is placed somewhere within the first ammo indentation/recession OR the belt will not sit flat against the plastic ammo piece. Trooper bays' example had me outside the sweet spot and I had to re-drill the holes and set new snaps once again.

Complete the snaps on the belt first, then transfer the placement of the snaps over to the AB plate. The dropbox strapping should loop around the belt and align between the 7mm rivet and mini snap. Don't forget to feed the dropboxes through the belt before setting the outer rivets.

IMG_2249_zps6ddcn6oc.jpg

Edited by cjdesign

rivet the ABS front to the canvas belt using 7mm dual cap. Use anorak mini snaps, not tandy type, to keep the belt horizontal on the armor.

Edited by cjdesign

Important Note: Trooperbay's youtube example of measuring and placing the snaps in a predetermined position on the ab plate first will not work with the AM 2.0 armor configuration. It may work for another manufacturer's armor but not mine.

Make sure the female snap is placed somewhere within the first ammo indentation/recession OR the belt will not sit flat against the plastic ammo piece. Trooper bays' example had me outside the sweet spot and I had to re-drill the holes and set new snaps once again.

Complete the snaps on the belt first, then transfer the placement of the snaps over to the AB plate. The dropbox strapping should loop around the belt and align between the 7mm rivet and mini snap. Don't forget to feed the dropboxes through the belt before setting the outer rivets.

IMG_2249_zps6ddcn6oc.jpg

Can we see the ab plate snaps? I will do it this way, but have to get some new snaps on Black Friday!!! Oh going out in this traffic may suck just a bit  ;)

here they are on amazon...

Dritz Mini Anorak Snaps & Tools Kit - Blk Oxy -12mm -10 Ct

http://www.amazon.com/Dritz-Mini-Anorak-Snaps-Tools/dp/B00CO67CA4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1448646106&sr=8-2&keywords=mini+anorak+snaps

JoAnn's Fabric store or any other fabric store should have them as well.. good luck. FYI they come in Black onyx, chrome, and few other finishes. I used gun metal/dark on all snaps.

I also used these cap rivets to attach the canvas belt to the front ammo piece.

7mm Gunmetal Round Double Cap Rapid Rivet

https://www.etsy.com/listing/87374880/50pcs-7mm-gunmetal-round-double-cap?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_supplies-commercial-low-other&utm_custom1=a5137673-8567-4bbc-ae9e-0129ba31243b&gclid=Cj0KEQiAm-CyBRDx65nBhcmVtbIBEiQA7zm8lSgCV3d3CcvCRfPvCe_FY796Ke0a8l2jtIEIeaY_jUEaAvzV8P8HAQ

Edited by cjdesign

Slow and steady will win the race…. Marking up the cuts on my belt, "measure twice, cut once,"

IMG_4966_zps0hjgunxw.jpg

IMG_4967_zpsf3ecs01c.jpg

First cuts, no blood, YEAA!

IMG_4969_zpsy1xqhqn6.jpg

Cuts done, Drill Hole next

IMG_4971_zpswpm4usyk.jpg

IMG_4972_zpsscn6sejj.jpg

To mark the canvas belt they say mark the holes while on a curve of the fit, so the is less stress on the hold of the rivets, need a second set of hands, need the wife to help.

IMG_4973_zpsno3ukc5z.jpg

In the mean time I pick out my outfit for the Premier of the Force Awakens:

IMG_4965_zpsqn45wmml.jpg

Edited by rduda

Move the drop boxes out so the outside edges line up with the outside edges of the plastic belt... and yeah, you might want to drop them down just a little bit, so they're actually below the belt vertically, and not stacked on top of them like that picture shows.  Great start, though!

• Like 1