Germanys First TFA *First Order Stormtrooper* WIP

Hey mates

I finally got the first two boxes with the armor parts and the gaskets. :)

Due to I have experience in building Clone Armors, I think the general build will be mostly the same but of course I will need your helmet with the

Stormtrooper specific parts like the AB Plates with its boxes etc. :)

20150624_161932_zpsufnvafii.jpg

20150624_162030_zps7qrq2ket.jpg

20150624_161100_zpscqdjkyxa.jpg

20150624_161447_zpswts3rxjn.jpg

20150624_161541_zpsw4sgvy5y.jpg

I will start trimming the armor and replace the slot of the Chest Armor with the Resin Detail slot. :)

Cheers

Dino // CT-75608

• Like 2

Well I am not the first one who got it, I am just the first german with a WIP :D

There are actually a lot germans who got their First Order TK's :D 

Well I am not the first one who got it, I am just the first german with a WIP :D

There are actually a lot germans who got their First Order TK's :D

Well, congrats on being the one to start a build thread! :duim:

First question: I see there are already glue straps vac formed to the armor parts. I hope you know what I mean. :D

But I cant find the glue strap on the long side of the bicep armor, there is just a glue strap on the small side. :S

First question: I see there are already glue straps vac formed to the armor parts. I hope you know what I mean. :D

But I cant find the glue strap on the long side of the bicep armor, there is just a glue strap on the small side. :S

Yea, there is only the one glue tab. The long side, as you said, will be a butt joint and need to be seamless. You need to use a backing strip, & I'd suggest making it a little wider than the template provided.

Next question: I trimmed the calfs and my question is how to I take on the armor? I mean when I glue both sides I will not be able to put it on.

Clone Troopers simply use the spoon technique. How do you guys made it? Velcro on one side? But then there will be a visible gap. Is that screen accurate?

Next question: I trimmed the calfs and my question is how to I take on the armor? I mean when I glue both sides I will not be able to put it on.

Clone Troopers simply use the spoon technique. How do you guys made it? Velcro on one side? But then there will be a visible gap. Is that screen accurate?

Yes, only one side of the calves is glued. The inside seam is where you use Velcro on the tab. The outer seam will face the back, so it's not noticeable. Same kinda deal with the original TK armour.

Tip-Be sure to keep the pdf instructions right in front of you the whole time... I often referenced them 3-6 times before gluing/cutting....and then checked these threads/pictures to double-check again. lol (I was very nervous about messing up, which I still ended up doing just recently.)

I wonder if the traditional Hook method for closing the calves would also be a good option for this kit? The gap may be smaller compared to the Velcro, but a gap would be still inevitable.

At least the armors shown at celebration had a very visible seam on the inside of the upper and lower leg. See for example this picture: http://www.originalprop.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Star-Wars-Celebration-The-Force-Awakens-Props-Costumes-Exhibit-Characters-Models-042.jpg

It is also visible in the first teaser trailer (look at the legs of the troopers on the right in the shot where the legs of the troopers are visible). In that scene you can look into that seam, there is no velcro visible. So if you use velcro it should be well hidden.

Edited by Cody42

At least the armors shown at celebration had a very visible seam on the inside of the upper and lower leg. See for example this picture: http://www.originalprop.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Star-Wars-Celebration-The-Force-Awakens-Props-Costumes-Exhibit-Characters-Models-042.jpg

Yes, I noticed that as well. Which is odd because the thighs are very roomy and go on super easy when glued on both sides. (Maybe it was just for display purposes...)

Yes, I noticed that as well. Which is odd because the thighs are very roomy and go on super easy when glued on both sides. (Maybe it was just for display purposes...)

True, might have been just for display. That's why I looked into the trailer again. I managed to dig up a still frame. This image shows the opening or at least a gap suggesting an opening: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/Screen-Shot-2014-11-28-at-8.24.38-AM.png

Yes, only one side of the calves is glued. The inside seam is where you use Velcro on the tab. The outer seam will face the back, so it's not noticeable. Same kinda deal with the original TK armour.

Tip-Be sure to keep the pdf instructions right in front of you the whole time... I often referenced them 3-6 times before gluing/cutting....and then checked these threads/pictures to double-check again. lol (I was very nervous about messing up, which I still ended up doing just recently.)

What are these "PDF Instructions" you speak of, and where does one get a hold of them?

My boxes, #1 & #2, had no pdf instructions. 

What are these "PDF Instructions" you speak of, and where does one get a hold of them?

My boxes, #1 & #2, had no pdf instructions.

That's my first question too. I recieved my first two boxes yesterday. One contained the ABS-Parts, the Stickers and the checklist, the other one the gaskets. Is it true, that the belt, the neckseal and the soft-pouche will come in separatly? That would make four boxes total - if I add the belt-parts, the helmet and the two other ones together. Does one know about that???

That's my first question too. I recieved my first two boxes yesterday. One contained the ABS-Parts, the Stickers and the checklist, the other one the gaskets. Is it true, that the belt, the neckseal and the soft-pouche will come in separatly? That would make four boxes total - if I add the belt-parts, the helmet and the two other ones together. Does one know about that???

Yes, it is four boxes in total. #3 & #4 should contain the helmet and the soft-good parts (gloves, belt, pouches, neckseal)

Ok guys. My armor is nearly built.

I modded the AB / Kidney Plate because I want this part to be closed. I know it is not necessary but I like it closed. :-D

Here are the pics:

20150701_193801_zpsnbxnxy5d.jpg

20150701_194030_zpszcotapju.jpg

20150701_194328_zpsqp8ifyjo.jpg

:-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Built nearly done!

20150727_184546_zpsmhotbopm.jpg

The boxes are fixed with screws. :-)

20150727_185054_zpsm92lbj9o.jpg

Back Armor

20150727_185147_zpsrsevjga3.jpg

Detonator:

20150727_185213_zpsh60xmpnl.jpg

Chestplate with Greeblies

20150727_185755_zpsee9o4zwi.jpg

The full set!

20150727_192334_zpsnakwlwf7.jpg

Just the spats, the belt boxes and the strapping are missing.

When the helmet arrives I can start painting! :-)