Snaps' First Weird Al Concert Adventure

Snaps

Weird Al Mandatory Fun Tour - The Fraze, Kettering OH 6/21/2015

While my first troop love are the ones I get to do for good causes, this one is of the best experiences I've ever had! I hope everyone gets to experience it. Not only was it a great experience, I was honored to be the one that Weird Al walked up to during the song, put his hand on my shoulder, we leaned our heads against each other, then he tapped my helmet a couple of times and continued on. He is a great guy, very friendly and puts on one heck of a show!

11017743_10204437863010503_8115744213031083552_n_zpsdrkdcyyo.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 4

Ours is in August too, but I probably won't have my kit done and approved in time, but I have tickets to see the show!  Woo!  I'll cheer for the 501st guys on stage! (:

• Like 1

Awesoooome!  That is just so cool!  Congrats!!

Ours is also in August, which happens to be when I am expecting to receive my Big Brown Box.  I am thrilled to see a couple Tuskens in the mix, so there is some hope for me this year after all!

BTW, when you were guarding the beverages, was the Gunner hitting you with his blaster?? Kinda looks like a phaser ray!

I don't have my TK armor yet but I have a Star Wars costume that I can't name here... Let's just say it's of some crazy old hermit who once did something very bad to our master.

Weird Al is coming to Montreal next month and I'd like to get in on the action. Does he ever take rebel scum on stage? How does it work?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Awesoooome!  That is just so cool!  Congrats!!

Ours is also in August, which happens to be when I am expecting to receive my Big Brown Box.  I am thrilled to see a couple Tuskens in the mix, so there is some hope for me this year after all!

BTW, when you were guarding the beverages, was the Gunner hitting you with his blaster?? Kinda looks like a phaser ray!

I didn't notice the gunner standing there and the light hitting the fridge makes it look like he is zapping me :)  But he was just standing there...

I don't have my TK armor yet but I have a Star Wars costume that I can't name here... Let's just say it's of some crazy old hermit who once did something very bad to our master.

Weird Al is coming to Montreal next month and I'd like to get in on the action. Does he ever take rebel scum on stage? How does it work?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

I've only heard Weird Al works with the 501st so no rebel scum lol. I could be wrong.

As far as how it works, his people get in touch with local 501st on the tour and its worked just like any other event. Even if you can't be on stage, still go see the show if you haven't seen him yet....its a blast!

Man that looked awesome, would love to do a troop like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does he take pics with the groups at each show, or is that hit or miss?

He pretty much does it at every show, if you stick around to do the VIP session after the concert. Basically, you decorate the VIP room while he meets fans, then he takes time to do pictures and sign autographs. Try to designate 1 picture taker for everyone. He all had him sign the inside of our buckets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'd recommend giving everyone's items to autograph to one of your handlers then when Al is ready for your group, they can lay everything out for him while he does the group/individual photo's. It helps him out cause he's pretty tired by the time he gets to the 501st members

• 3 weeks later...