Ukswrath's AM 1.0 build

ukswrath

Awesome. So in your mind less of an edge is more desirable. And yes I just got my Tkittell belt yesterday so it is a perfect 3".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

In regards to the belt, canon accuracy is what I was shooting for so yes, less is better. 

• Like 1

Tony, I got around to ordering that stuff from Page 3. Ended up finding the cap rivets at Hobby Lobby though. You might want to include that info on Page 1 for anyone else looking into finding these supplies. On another note, I attempted to buy extra split rivets at Home Depot and Lowes. Both places looked like I was speaking Greek when I asked where I could find them. 

Tony, I got around to ordering that stuff from Page 3. Ended up finding the cap rivets at Hobby Lobby though. You might want to include that info on Page 1 for anyone else looking into finding these supplies. On another note, I attempted to buy extra split rivets at Home Depot and Lowes. Both places looked like I was speaking Greek when I asked where I could find them. 

Hey Jason thanks for the Hobby lobby info, yea I should have mentioned you can buy these little beauties at any hobby craft store.

As for the split rivets I believe I included a link to ebay where you can buy them in bulk but I also just added a link to evilboys rivet sets sold here on whitearmor.

THT thank you

Edited by ukswrath

I was just trying to source some locally because I'm impatient lol. 

Oh I know that feeling lol. If you have a ACE hardware nearby they may have some, they tend to carry more non-mainstream items unlike HD or Lowes.

This is exactly what I've been looking for.  Something to really guide me as I take this on.  I've started some work, but it is helpful to watch a pro work.  Can't wait to have more time soon and really soak all this information up.

Now to get those measurements done right  :blink:

7. Thighs (final)

After the ammo belt installation the garter belt snap was installed and final trimming was performed to fit the troopers legs. The following images are the completed thighs before polishing.

IMG_1390.jpgIMG_1391.jpgIMG_1394.jpgIMG_1396.jpgIMG_1397.jpgIMG_1398.jpgIMG_1400.jpgIMG_1402.jpgIMG_1405.jpgIMG_1406.jpgIMG_1407.jpg

Edited by ukswrath

2. Calves (final)

After final return edge trimming was performed a 1-1/2" L x 1/2" W velcro was placed on the upper, lower and center sections of the rear return edge.

Note: The lower section of the calves were cut an additional 1/2" to accommodate the trooper. The following are the finished shins before polishing.

IMG_1378.jpgIMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1382.jpgIMG_1383.jpgIMG_1385.jpgIMG_1386.jpgIMG_1388.jpg

Edited by ukswrath

9. Shoulder Bells

One of the easiest section without a doubt. My trooper has wide shoulders so we've elected to remove all but 1/8" of the return edge from the lower bell.

IMG_0496.jpgIMG_0498.jpg

After trimming and sanding all the edges we installed the bell to shoulder strap. Cut a section of 3/4" elastic 14mm in length.

IMG_0864.jpg

Measure from the top of the bell 70mm.

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

Glue elastic into place.

IMG_0868-crop.jpg

9b. Bell to bicep retaining strap.

Measure & cut two 240mm (9-1/2") x 3/4" black elastic.

IMG_0615.jpg

Equally distribute elastic between bell sides. Apply glue and clamp in place. Use something to place under the clamp surface to distribute the clamping force.

IMG_0623.jpgIMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

Let dry. 

Edited by ukswrath

9c. Bell to Bicep strapping

Measure and cut a section of 3/4" elastic approximately 140mm (5-1/2"). This will be used to permanently the outer shoulder bell the the bicep.

IMG_0625.jpg

Measure and mark upper bicep 40mm. The mark location will be on the outer most ridge that aligns with the outer ridge of the shoulder bell.

IMG_0626.jpg

Measure and cut another  3/4" elastic, this time 90mm (3-1/2"). This will be used to connect the lower bicep area to the forearm.

IMG_0624.jpg

Measure and mark lower bicep 40mm (1.57"). Mark location at the the forward facing seem.

IMG_0627.jpg

Glue elastic section into place on the bell.

IMG_0634.jpgIMG_0635.jpg8d7c1f75-cc6e-4f09-b6f4-798d43219aff.jpg

Let dry.

Insert bicep into bell and glue bell elastic strap to bell.

IMG_0739.jpg

Let dry.

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

9d. Completing arm strapping.

Connecting Bicep to forearm.

Apply glue to remaining lower bicep section of elastic, 38mm (1.5"). Attach to inner forearm, inside the upper cover strip seem.

There should be approximently 5-7mm (1/4"- 3/8") between the forearm and bicep.

IMG_0797.jpgIMG_0798.jpgIMG_0799.jpg

Let dry.

9e. Shoulder bell to shoulder strap snap.

The position of the bell male snap is proportional the shoulder strap female snap. In my case the shoulder straps are 2" wide and the female snap will be positioned at 35mm (1-3/8"), offset from center as seen here.

Female shoulder strap shown here for measurement illustration purposes, scroll down  ;)

IMG_127b.jpg

Measure and mark the same distance on the bell strap 35mm or (1-3/8")

IMG_1295b.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

Position male snap on bell elastic and mark location.

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

Hand sew snap to bell elastic strap.

IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

Bells, Biceps & Forearms (finished)

IMG_1372.jpgIMG_1374.jpgIMG_1375.jpgIMG_1376.jpg

Edited by ukswrath

8. Chest & Shoulders (UPDATED with ATA components)

Chest plate and covers untrimmed. Mark return edge and trim off.

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

After trimming.

IMG_0888.jpgIMG_0889.jpgIMG_0892.jpg

Position cover plates in chest and mark location.

IMG_1410-crop.jpg

Apply glue to covers.

IMG_0894.jpg

Position on chest plate and secure.

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

Double check to ensure the cover strips are aligned with the back cover plate leading shoulder edges.

IMG_0896.jpg

Let dry.

Edited by ukswrath

12. Back Plate

Remove return edge.

IMG_0884.jpgIMG_0890.jpgIMG_0891.jpg

Center back plate with Kidney.

IMG_0900.jpg

Mark locations of lower snap mounts on back plate and kidney. Approximately 20mm from edge. FYI I use three mounts due to I've had snaps come loose and three works excellent IMHO.

IMG_0869a.jpg

IMG_0899c.jpg

Glue in place.

IMG_0906.jpg

e97746b2-2af4-45e4-8f34-ef6e69b8089a.jpg

Let dry.

CLEAN!   I like because its clean....

Great CLEAN build !    Looks perfect!

LOL I know you love clean and perfect. Hope this lives up to your expectations hahaha  :laugh1:

Sweet, looks like I'm removing the bottom return edge of my back plate. I was wondering how the return edge would effect the snap strapping. 

There's a return edge there, but only about 1/8". I only suggest removing it if your armor fits you a bit tight and you need to make some room or eliminate chafing. Keeping the return edge effects the strapping system very little.  

• Like 1