Ukswrath's AM 1.0 build

ukswrath

Where did you source your snaps for the ab to hold the belt and also the knee ammo belt? The only snaps I have right now are the Tandy Line 24 for my snap system. 

EDIT: For the "S" snaps and tool kit you will need to contact the seller who is in the UK and have him set up a auction with US shipping. The original sales threads DO NOT ship to US.

"S" snaps or poppers - http://www.ebay.com/itm/181579549046?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=480539046239&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Snap die punch ans set tool - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Die-Punch-Tool-Set-For-10-12-5-15-17mm-Popper-Snap-Fasteners-Press-Studs-Button-/361106769378?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item5413a405e2

Double Cap Rivet - http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Pack-of-Nickel-Plate-MEDIUM-DOUBLE-CAP-RIVETS-1373-12-Tandy-Leather-Rivet-/231284619814?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35d9a33a26

Split rivets - http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-8-Split-Nickel-Plate-Rivets-Cymbal-Sizzlers-/271469335067?hash=item3f34d5521b

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

I see on the ebay links that they do ship to the US. Maybe they updated them? Sorry for all the questions but can you verify the sizes since they list multiple options, just rather get it right the first time :)

15mm, no need to apologize. The tool kit you want is 15-17mm 

• Like 1

I made Bicep clips to your instructions and they came out well. Thanks for the simpler design. But what says we need them? I don't see any centurion applications with them. Do they just make the suit wear better?

I made Bicep clips to your instructions and they came out well. Thanks for the simpler design. But what says we need them? I don't see any centurion applications with them. Do they just make the suit wear better?

Hey Sean, they're not required. Many applications have them you just don't see them. Yes, they help keep your bicep alligned with your shoulder bell and help support tou forearms if they're secured to the biceps.

They are apparent on the Hero costume. There's a screen still of Han Solo where it is very clear. Just like how a lot of people do snaps instead of the traditional strapping method, do what works for you the best. 

I know some versions had hooks but with the stunt I hadn't seen them in and reference pics. As with a lot of minor additions it won't effect EIB or Centurion either way. As for screen accuracy with this particular build, that went out the window when we had to go with snaps :blink:   

Your TFA TK build is getting lonely. 

Tell me about it, I have to walk by the brown box every day. On a positive note, watching everyone else going through build issues will help me avoid them lol

I don't blame you! There are not cheap replacements or replacements at all if you mess up. Still, this thread and eventually your TFA will be the new Panda go-to build threads. 

Trying to get it correct the first time is my goal. Thanks for your support Jason  :duim:

What kind of snaps did you buy to attach the belt to the abb plate? Those look beefier than the ones used for the ussual strappings.

Oh Snap just saw your ebay listing post. My bad.

Edited by SeanTX

So on the belt of my AM 2.0 kit. The height of the belt is 4" already but the distance from the top of the boxes to the edge of the belt is 6mm. Which is the critical dimension the 3mm you trimmed to or the overall 4"?

So on the belt of my AM 2.0 kit. The height of the belt is 4" already but the distance from the top of the boxes to the edge of the belt is 6mm. Which is the critical dimension the 3mm you trimmed to or the overall 4"?

Hey Sean good question. Not all ammo belts are created equal. With that said my ultimate goal was to leave as little return edge as possible yet not cutting into the box return edge themselves as seen here in the RS reference pic.

Waist%20ammo%20belt.jpg

In my case this left me 2-3mm clearance of the boxes on each side of the belt. This just so happen to leave me almost exactly 4" total width when finished. 

If you have a ammo belt total width of 4" (101.6mm), removing 3mm on each side of the belt sill leaves the belt width at 3-3/4" (95.6mm) or 3/8" (9.5mm) over on each side of the cloth belt (granted the cloth belt you have is 3").

Bottom line, trimming the belt 3mm on each side shouldn't sacrifice the overall look of the belt especially as in the area where you will taper it in the corners to meet the cloth belt edge. 

Hope this answers your question.