Artshot's ANH Stunt Build (AM 2.0)

• 3 weeks later...

After realising it's been nearly three years since i had the Big Brown Box day!!!

I have decided to try and get this thing finished, so I have started work on reducing some of the return edges on my biceps, after i gave them a quick "boil'n'shape" to get them to fit better, (I noticed that using the gym at work has made the fit a little to snug around the biceps), I started work on shaving the returns done to half i currently have, then i gouged a knuckle and bled.........everything feels so familiar already.

Photos coming soon, along with questions, thanks to Photobuckets greed, a lot of my go to builds are bare :(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Artshot said:

I started work on shaving the returns done to half i currently have, then i gouged a knuckle and bled.........everything feels so familiar already.

lol.  Literally blood, sweat, and tears. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I think I better look through a few builds and submission photos to jog my memory of what exactly I am doing and more importantly, how to do it, it's amazing how much a person can forget when not being obsessive.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay then, I am back, I have freed up a few deadlines and decided that I am going to finish this thing before the end of the month, I know, with my track record its a challenge, but here we go.

I am currently reducing some of the return edges to free up some wriggle room, caught myself with a scalpel, bled a little...…..just like old times.

Oh, and I have noticed talk of CRL changes, hope by the time I finish, there not going to get in the way, aiming for Centurion :)

44 minutes ago, Artshot said:

Okay then, I am back, I have freed up a few deadlines and decided that I am going to finish this thing before the end of the month, I know, with my track record its a challenge, but here we go.

I am currently reducing some of the return edges to free up some wriggle room, caught myself with a scalpel, bled a little...…..just like old times.

Oh, and I have noticed talk of CRL changes, hope by the time I finish, there not going to get in the way, aiming for Centurion :)

You can do it!

As for the CRL changes, I think you'll be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been raining, so it's build time.

So far I have reduced a lot of return edges, totally forgot to reduce the edges under the shoulder bridges, found that out as I did a test fit and noticed quite a lot of digging in, I'm hoping to deal with annoying bites and edges before I get to eventually troop, although I suspect even then there will be ongoing tweaks.

After trying on the main torso and lining up the biceps, after another bit of a boil to reshape them, hopefully to stop them popping out from under the shoulder bells, I've been trying to figure out strapping placement on my newly installed snaps (incidentally, don't expect e6000 to remain fluid in a tube that was last opened about 3 years ago, was nearly a Hulk Smash moment).

I am guessing strap from the top down?

With that in mind, is there a trick to strapping the shoulder bells to the shoulder bridge elastic strap?, Is it best to try to get the edge of the shoulder bell to touch the white strap?, or should there be a small gap?

Oh, and while I'm here, is there a trick to placement to avoid the shoulder bells showing too much gap between them and chest plate?, I've noticed that's a common issue in submission photos.

Typically and being a genious, I forgot to charge my camera battery, so no photos (imgur still the best option?)

Busy waiting for the glue on the shoulder bell elastic to dry, gave it a little bit of tension......and way too much glue......sigh, it's amazing what you forget, a rookie mistake.

Anyway, if there's anybody out there reading this babble, all comments welcome :)

• Like 1

I read it too and everything looks amazing.
Oh wait there were no pics, sounds amazing?

As for the shoulder bells. They are supposed to be as close to the bridges as possible. It looks right. People secure them in many different ways. Mine are glued to nylon straps and glued to the bridges. They aren’t removable. Some people use snaps so they are removable. It’s personal preference.

As for the gap between the chest. That all depends on your armor and your body. If your broad chested you’ll push the chest out further which will make a gap or if your armor is general size and your bigger you’ll get the same look. There is a notch down the center of the bell I’d use that and just secure that to the center of the bridge.

Hopefully some of all that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Quick question.

I've just glued the elastic into my shoulder bells to secure around the bicep clip, when looking at it I'm wondering how long it will be before the elastic pulls away from the inside of the shoulder bell.

Has anybody glued squares of surplus plastic over the ends to secure them better or is it just overkill ?

And will it affect clearance if I do it?

17 minutes ago, Artshot said:

Quick question.

I've just glued the elastic into my shoulder bells to secure around the bicep clip, when looking at it I'm wondering how long it will be before the elastic pulls away from the inside of the shoulder bell.

Has anybody glued squares of surplus plastic over the ends to secure them better or is it just overkill ?

Adding additional material to hold it down is completely up to you and no it will not have any bearing on any level of approval. That said, if you have enough material attached to the bell (I use at least 1-1/2") and allow the glue to cure completely you'll be fine. 

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

As far as placement of the snaps, I am attaching some photos that might be of some help. Also, I HIGHLY recommend doubling up on the snaps because one will pop off from time to time.
I even double up especially on the thigh snaps. Learned that the hard way when a thigh came unsnapped during a parade ...c2454e9ef023e571b6149db97c8de7c2.jpgccb03548fe3a9980202d40d20170233e.jpg406f03fce5346b4ee831d2266a97c5e9.jpgf44936ebeb7e85cae296fe9604c6bb3b.jpgefc564d5921a5fd02023e9b3a0971565.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 1:37 AM, Artshot said:

Quick question.

Never had them pull out after 7 years of trooping (using E6000) so I'd suggest it may be a bit of overkill

• Like 2

13 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Never had them pull out after 7 years of trooping (using E6000) so I'd suggest it may be a bit of overkill

Me neither.

In my opinion this also goes for the snaps. Use good quality snaps, I personally use DOT or Fasnap, very high quality. I use the single snap method and I've never had a snap fail. I know some people use double so it's completely up to you.

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/12/2019 at 1:37 PM, Artshot said:

Quick question.

I’m also looking to glue elastic into my shoulder bells. Plan to use E-6000. Here’s my (dumb) question: What do you all recommend for keeping the glue from soaking through the elastic and sticking to the clamp?! Is there something I can/should cover the clamp head with that will pull away easily should the glue get through the elastic? Thanks in advance! :-)

2 minutes ago, JAYSONCOMGUY said:

I’m also looking to glue elastic into my shoulder bells. Plan to use E-6000. Here’s my (dumb) question: What do you all recommend for keeping the glue from soaking through the elastic and sticking to the clamp?! Is there something I can/should cover the clamp head with that will pull away easily should the glue get through the elastic? Thanks in advance! :-)

I can honestly say that I have never had that problem.  If you’re using enough E-6000 to bleed through un-stretched elastic, safe to say you’re doing it wrong. (:

• 7 months later...