Ukswrath's FOTK build thread

ukswrath

Thanks for the info. I just saw that Anovos has the neckseals on preorder. Do you think the FO kit is more difficult than a TK to assemble?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Mike my pleasure. The first three FOTK generations were definitely harder to build than a OTTK, they're far more complex however, the newer gens coming later this year are supposed to be easier. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@ukswrath  I'm just starting on my journey and I have a dremel, lexan scissors and the belt sander. What grit sandpaper for the belt sander would say is best for trimming and shaping?

Hey Marcus, belt sander I use 80 or 120 grit. For the small, more delicate sanding jobs I use a Black & Decker Mouse with a variety of grits.

Amazing job man. This thread makes me want to invest money and time into improvements for my kit ...and for that I hate you :)

Amazing job man. This thread makes me want to invest money and time into improvements for my kit ...and for that I hate you :)

:laugh1:  Glad I could be of assistance in your disdain for possible updates to come  ;) .... and thanks for the kudos  :D

• 1 month later...

Tony - maybe I missed it somewhere in the thread - but how do you know exactly where to cut the openings for the shoulder bell straps & metal tab? Did you just put the back piece on and then eyeball center over your shoulder? Or is there a measurement guide to know where center of the shoulder is? Thanks!

Tony - maybe I missed it somewhere in the thread - but how do you know exactly where to cut the openings for the shoulder bell straps & metal tab? Did you just put the back piece on and then eyeball center over your shoulder? Or is there a measurement guide to know where center of the shoulder is? Thanks!

Hey Seth, I did as you said, installed the armor then had someone draw a line on the yoke directly over the center of my shoulder. From there I made my measurements and cuts as seen here http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31877-ukswraths-fotk-build-thread-tk-10116/page-14#entry442849

• 3 months later...

I have a question on the belt. On the two boxes, I have marked as 1 and 2, box #2 appears to sit lower than box #1. How much further down should it be?

Thanks, and/or my apologies if this was covered. I did not see it mentioned elsewhere.

(image attached hopefully)

TFA-belt.jpg

46 minutes ago, YouCantBe Sidious said:

I have a question on the belt. On the two boxes, I have marked as 1 and 2, box #2 appears to sit lower than box #1. How much further down should it be?

Thanks, and/or my apologies if this was covered. I did not see it mentioned elsewhere.

(image attached hopefully)

TFA-belt.jpg

Roughly 1/8"

Thank you sir! I will rock with that, and thank you so much for posting so much detail. Although I am building a fiberglass kit, it has been a fantastic reference!

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, TheDon said:

Totally.  I thought my ShoreTrooper was complicated. This is going to be fun. 

Your build thread is next level of build threads.  

Yea I went very detailed in some areas. I was shooting for screen accuracy in areas that aren't required to be. The thread will help whether you want it canon detail or not.  If you have any questions feel free to ask.

3 minutes ago, TheDon said:

Totally.  I thought my ShoreTrooper was complicated. This is going to be fun. 

Your build thread is next level of build threads.  

lol, it does appear that way. The good news is since The Force Awakens the armors are now very similar in design, even Rouge One designs are similar to the FOTK. Once you've built one the next should get easier anyways.