Ukswrath's FOTK build thread

ukswrath

IMG_4479.jpg

Tony, I like the bolt and nut assembly on this.    I just want to make sure that we're not going to make any bondo action on the boxes right (meaning they won't be permanently closed).

Edited by Haribon72

Thank you!  I'm quadruple checking!  (i'm over-reading and over-thinking sometimes).

Noproblemo. Caution is a good thing, especially with this armor. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any Flexible areas or pin holes that need to be covered or built up. 1/8" maximum thickness is highly suggested due to possible cracking. In high humidity or colder climates allow for longer cure times.

The polyflex is a two part mix. PPG or 3M requires no mixing so is recommended over the polyflex.

Hope this helps

Any Flexible areas or pin holes that need to be covered or built up. 1/8" maximum thickness is highly suggested due to possible cracking. In high humidity or colder climates allow for longer cure times.

The polyflex is a two part mix. PPG or 3M requires no mixing so is recommended over the polyflex.

Hope this helps

Ahhh got it. Thanks Tony. So PPG over regular bondo because of better flexability and less likely to crack?

PPG is recommended over the rest according a body shop tech friend of mine. No mixing, easy to work with and dependable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

This thread has been a great help, thanks for all the pics!

Just one question.  Does the metal plate which attaches the yoke to the shoulder bells also serve to reinforce the yoke itself?  I would think it does, but you also did the reinforcement with plastic.

In just fitting my yoke and chest piece, it's already starting to develop a crack in it...just after one fitting :(

Not sure if I should go for the metal plate, or a simpler reinforcement.

This thread has been a great help, thanks for all the pics!

Just one question.  Does the metal plate which attaches the yoke to the shoulder bells also serve to reinforce the yoke itself?  I would think it does, but you also did the reinforcement with plastic.

In just fitting my yoke and chest piece, it's already starting to develop a crack in it...just after one fitting :(

Not sure if I should go for the metal plate, or a simpler reinforcement.

Hey Brian, glad to be of assistance.

You're correct the aluminum plate serves a couple purposes, supports the shoulder bells and helps prevent the yoke from cracking. At first I tried a simple reinforcement using left over scrap but quickly realized it wouldn't be enough so I created the bracket after getting a glimpse of some movie armor pictures. I've seen others do something similar but use plastic instead of metal. Not sure how those are holding up. I've either trooped or suited up over a dozen times and to this day I have no cracks

Anyway, hope this helps 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just ordered my kit from Anovos.  Should have it by Q3 2017.  Will definitely use your build thread.  I guess while I am waiting, I can work on the accessories (pack, shield, etc...)

Take it easy.

Just ordered my kit from Anovos.  Should have it by Q3 2017.  Will definitely use your build thread.  I guess while I am waiting, I can work on the accessories (pack, shield, etc...)

Take it easy.

Excellent! Well let's hope you don't have to perform as many upgrades as previous versions of armor builders did. Look forward to your build thread.

• Like 1

I will probably do a build thread so people can see the difference between this version and earlier versions. Of course the main reason would be to make sure I was doing everything right.

TK/HWT 10204

501st Imperial Attaché

Carolina Garrison

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I will probably do a build thread so people can see the difference between this version and earlier versions. Of course the main reason would be to make sure I was doing everything right.

TK/HWT 10204

501st Imperial Attaché

Carolina Garrison

I like it  :duim:

• 1 month later...

Hey Folks,

I purchased my AONOVOS TFA Stormtrooper kit last year as well. Sept  2017 Can't come soon enough!

Anyone else working on other parts ahead of time?

Awesome, can't wait to see more FOTKs in the ranks

• Like 1