Ukswrath's FOTK build thread

ukswrath

Hey Tony,

Is it possible to add the link to this?  I can't seem to find it, all I seen were bands and Nazi pages... lol

Hey Rick, are you a member of the First Order FB page? You have to have FO armor to be one. I'm not aware of him selling the hardware outside of that specific group/page.

Hey Tony,

Is it possible to add the link to this? I can't seem to find it, all I seen were bands and Nazi pages... lol

You can reach out to R2DAN on here for the metal holster + Hardware. :) Edited by A Master Builder
  • Like 2

BTW if anyone is interested in recreating the suspension system I have enough mesh fabric for three more suits and enough hardware material (nylon, elastic, buckles, etc) to last a lifetime. Let me know if your interested in any of it.

Did you have to ask? Assuming three others haven't jumped all over this already, I'm interested. Yes. Amazing work, brother!

• Like 1

Did you have to ask? Assuming three others haven't jumped all over this already, I'm interested. Yes. Amazing work, brother!

Lol well to be honest only one other person has asked. I'm working on a price so ill let you know as well. Thanks Tim.

• Like 3

Lol well to be honest only one other person has asked. I'm working on a price so ill let you know as well. Thanks Tim.

I might be #3 to this.  I just got a notification from Anovos, so things just got real...again.

E6000 usage, only in areas where armor flexibility has no adverse effects on fillers and paint. My main use of E6000 was on the buckle greeblies and attaching suspension harness components. I also used a bit on my ab box mounting posts and the center boxes on the waist belt where they have a rubber base which requires adhesive that has high flexibility. I only used CA glue in a couple minor areas where I found using the plastic weld would be a waste. Areas that wouldn't be seen or effect any paint. Even all the accuracy and reinforcement updates were made using plastic weld.

In a nutshell:

Plastic welder for 95% of the armor assembly

E6000 for 4%

CA 1% 

• Like 3

Great thanks, now I have ordered one of Jims kits which is made from flexible fiberglass. Do you think the plastic weld would work with that or maybe do some research and see what else is out there

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I pretty much answered my own question with Google haha. Says JB plastic weld can be used on fiberglass among many other types of plastics

lol yep. Something to keep in mind also, not all plastic welders are created equal. Devcon makes some of the best, whether it's the mix it yourself type or the professional with mixing tips.

Tips:

If you've never used it before just make certain the two chemicals are mixed thoroughly to avoid inadequate bonding.

Test glue some scrap before using on your armor. Familiarize yourself with how it is mixed, applied and cleaned up. 

Plastic welder will start to melt plastic upon contact so be careful how and where you apply it.

Especially in joint areas remove any excess immediately if possible to avoid a ton of sanding later.

Have fun

Great thanks, now I have ordered one of Jims kits which is made from flexible fiberglass. Do you think the plastic weld would work with that or maybe do some research and see what else is out there

Sorry I missed this. I don't see why not though you might want to consult him and what he recommends also. Just keep in mind wherever there's going to be filler and/or paint don't use E6000, well unless you want to see cracks in your paint

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...