Ukswrath's FOTK build thread

ukswrath

Hand plates

If you purchased Imperial boots with gloves installation is simple, Install velcro to back of hand plates, attach hand plates to gloves.

If your gloves don't have sewn in velcro your best bet is to hand sew a piece of velcro.

IMG_5201.jpgIMG_5202.jpg

Ok so they're a little off, shoot me lol

IMG_5204.jpg

Edit: Next up thigh to shin gasket attachment...

• Like 1

Cheers mate! I really appreciate taking the time to post all of this labor and provide detailed information. Bucket off to you good sir!

My pleasure and thank you.

Apparently I forgot something, thigh to shin connection. I'll get to that in a bit.  :6: lol  :shok:

Congrats on the approval!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Thanks David 

Shin Closure

In this section I'll be using industrial strength white velcro to secure the calf closures. 

Note: For future builds & builders, this will be the same technique used for the inner thighs and biceps,

1. Using a piece of printer paper I made a template by following the contour if the calf opening.

IMG_5119.jpg

2. Using template mark and cut velctro.

IMG_5120.jpg

IMG_5130.jpg

3. Continue trimming velcro to 3/4" in width.

IMG_5121.jpg

4. Place the velcro (hook side) on the inner shin closure. Trim excess

IMG_5122.jpgIMG_5123.jpg

5. The loop side on the outer.

IMG_5132.jpg

6.Check fit and operation.

IMG_5124.jpgIMG_5125.jpgIMG_5126.jpgIMG_5127.jpg

IMG_5134.jpgIMG_5135.jpgIMG_5136.jpgIMG_5138.jpg

• Like 4

Thigh to Shin Gasket

Some how I over looked this little bit of detail.

Simply put assembly was simple as test fitting then installing Velcro on the thighs and shins. I've already elaborated on the knees so this will be quick.

Left thigh looking down towards the shin. Gasket seam is facing the back of the leg.

Note: If you look closely at the gasket you can see the Chicago screws used to secure the knee mount.

IMG_5373.jpg

IMG_5371.jpg

From the shin towards the thigh

IMG_5374.jpgIMG_5375.jpg

As mentioned before these gaskets are a bit too short even for me, I'm 5'11

• Like 2

Someone asked my to post detailed pics of the Chest and yoke assembled.

Here ya go.

Note: When wearing the armor the upper chest doesn't protrude as far as seen here.

IMG_5377.jpgIMG_5378.jpgIMG_5379.jpgIMG_5380.jpgIMG_5383.jpgIMG_5388.jpg792f9fca-2c7c-434d-9308-af04b1b857c4.jpg

IMG_5381.jpg

• Like 1

Time to take a well-deserved break Tony you deserve it and hats off to you again for a beautiful build ! now you've got time to put the Christmas lights up and decorate .

Edited by Superbee

Time to take a well-deserved break Tony you deserve it and hats off to you again for a beautiful build ! now you've got time to put the Christmas lights up and decorate .

Ah yes, wait no. The gaskets from Wyhatt came in yesterday. Time to get those in. Trooping Sunday morning.

• Like 1

BTW if anyone is interested in recreating the suspension system I have enough mesh fabric for three more suits and enough hardware material (nylon, elastic, buckles, etc) to last a lifetime. Let me know if your interested in any of it.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for this thread. It was my main source of instruction for my build, I don't know how I'd have done it without this.

You're welcome Bryan. If there's anything else I can do for you please let me know. 

Awesome build and congrats on the finish.<br>

I also have been trolling this thread for info, assembly, etc. It fact you are the reason I tackled the intimidating belt project. But I got er done thanks to your build thread.<br>

Good looking out.

Awesome build and congrats on the finish.<br>

I also have been trolling this thread for info, assembly, etc. It fact you are the reason I tackled the intimidating belt project. But I got er done thanks to your build thread.<br>

Good looking out.

Thank you. Awesome job on the belt, glad to be of assistance. 

Just wanted to thank you for such an amazing job on this thread!!! I referenced this so much on my build and I learned a lot from what you posted. As I'm typing this I have 9 separate pages of this thread open for reference. Well done and again thanks a million!

Hey, so I might be interested in a suspension system, if you still have it available? :)

Hey James I'm not making the suspension system to sell. I am however selling the pill box fabric and gaffers tape.