Ukswrath's FOTK build thread

ukswrath

Without chest, yoke, TD and belt makes for an interesting halloween costume. Congrats on the awesome FOTK! Definitely setting the bar for future troopers.

HAHA that's for sure. Thanks for the kudos Jason.

I do have a couple more updates but I'm debating on whether to post them. Their regarding the Velcro installation on the shins and the cod to posterior connection. Maybe people can let me know if they want to see them or not. 

• Like 2

I do have a couple more updates but I'm debating on whether to post them. Their regarding the Velcro installation on the shins and the cod to posterior connection. Maybe people can let me know if they want to see them or not.

Every little bit helps mate, I would appreciate it if you decide to post them.

Cheers good sir!

Nice build Tony! One question. How do you find the time? I know I have bought some stuff from you as many others have. Are your days longer then the rest of ours haha

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Nice build Tony! One question. How do you find the time? I know I have bought some stuff from you as many others have. Are your days longer then the rest of ours haha

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Grown kids I guess haha

And your suspension system.   damn bro!   You have really out done yourself!   Great job!     

fifty_first_date10.jpg

sorry... i couldn't help myself!!!!   hahahhaha!!!    

haha thanks Walter

• Like 1

Ok I guess it's been official for a few hours  :D, just now posting it 

"Hello Tony,

I am writing on behalf of the Golden Gate Garrison of the 501st Legion to officially thank you for your additional costume submission. 
We have reviewed your photos and we are pleased to APPROVE your First Order Stormtrooper (TK) costume."

I guess it's time to get of my butt and do some troopin 

• Like 6

Did you talk specifically somewhere about how you've attached your knee gaskets?

I'm having the hardest time with my legs. Everything above the torso feels perfect but I just can't get my legs to work right.

I know it's probably a pretty simple thing, maybe I just have abnormally long shins, but could you show how you've got everything attached down there? I think we are about the same size.

Are you currently using Anovos gaskets?

Might be time for more updates? The red carpet trooper armor are different armor than our guys (maybe canon). Take a look at the TD and yoke pin holes, their black. Interesting, haven't seen this before... anywhere.

12346375_1144272528917714_20896110273513

• Like 2

Alright, final stretch here. 

Chest to Yoke connection

In my build I choose to use velcro for the upper and lower connections. There won't be much to describe.

1. Measure and cut two 1" x 5" pieces of velcro. Place the loop on the lower yoke back, outer panel.

IMG_4877.jpg

IMG_4881.jpg

2. Place the hook on the Chest inner, lower panel.

IMG_4882.jpg

IMG_4897.jpg

3. Measure and cut velcro for the upper chest and front yoke.

IMG_4900.jpgIMG_4893.jpgIMG_4894.jpg

IMG_4901.jpg

I'll post an assembled post a bit later today.

• Like 1

Knee Cap and installation

In a nutshell I'll be using abs cover strip material to make two mounts that will be held to the knee gasket material by Chicago screws. Velcro will then be used to secure the knee caps to the mounts. 

1. Place a 2" x 2-1/2" section of velcro on the back side of the knee cap.

IMG_5152-crop.jpg

2. From ABS or similar plastic (1mm+ thick), cut two sections 2" x 2-1/2".

IMG_5140.jpg

3. Drill two holes for mounting screws. In my case 11/64".

IMG_5141.jpg

4. Install screws. Note: keep the screws installed until instructed to remove. 

IMG_5142.jpg

5. Using a heat gun or hot water soften the plastic to a pliable state. Note: Use some kind of hand protection as the next step will require it.

IMG_5143.jpg

6. Mold the mount plastic to the shape of the knee cap. I simply placed it on the backside of the cap until cool. The velcro made a nice barrier and protected the cap itself during this procedure.

IMG_5144.jpg

7. Remove screws. At this point you can either leave the mounts the shape they are or chamfer them as I did (see next step)

IMG_5146.jpg

8. Center mount on gasket material. Mark the mounting holes by using a sharpie of similar and placing it through the mounting holes.

IMG_5154.jpg

9. Using and exacto knife or punch create a hole in the marked areas for the screws to go through.

IMG_5156.jpg

10. Reinstall screws. 

IMG_5150.jpg

11. Place the opposite side of the velcro on the mount and trim as needed.

IMG_5151.jpg

12. Attach mounts to gaskets.

IMG_5158.jpgIMG_5160.jpg

13. Attach knee caps to mounts. Sorry of the blurred pic

IMG_5159.jpg

• Like 3

Posterior to Cod connection

As with TK armor the posterior and cod are secured together. From what I've seen their either being held together by clear or black round 1/8" (or smaller) elastic. The posterior and cod each have a mount. The Posterior mount is closed while the Cod is open.  

1. Starting with the elastic, I just so happen to have some white elastic on hand so using a sharpie I colored it black. Note: I later found clear elastic but that won't illustrated. The length of the elastic should be sized to keep the cod and posterior from flopping around, but not too tight. 

IMG_5249.jpg

2. Mounts. Using abs cover strip mater cut two 1" x 1-1/2" and two 1" x 1" sections. It's best to round the corners before you move onto step 3.

IMG_5208.jpg

IMG_5214.jpg

3. Working on the posterior mount first. Heat a small section of the plastic. Using a 3/16" diameter or similar screwdriver or nail wrap the plastic around and holding it until cool or hard enough to let go. Make sure the end is closed.

Use gloves please.

IMG_5211.jpg

4. For the cod perform the similar operation but leave the end open.

IMG_5216.jpgIMG_5218.jpg

5. Using CA glue or other attach closed mount to posterior and open mount to cod. Let dry

Posterior

IMG_5221.jpg

Cod

IMG_5224.jpg

6. Feed elastic through mount and tie it in a knot. Trim excess knot.

IMG_5252.jpg

IMG_5251.jpg

IMG_5253.jpg

7. Finally, slide the knotted section into the mount so it's unseen. Done!

IMG_5254.jpgIMG_5255.jpgIMG_5257.jpg

• Like 2