Ukswrath's FOTK build thread

ukswrath

Looks so amazing.

Can you take a pic of the biceps from above to show off the shape? I think mine are too oval.

Mine are out of shape as well but I'm not about to give them a hot water bath at this point.

IMG_4568.jpgIMG_4567.jpg

Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is the purpose of the metal plate?

I have a slightly expanded theory about the metal tabs protruding from the shoulder yoke.  My theory is derived completely from looking at the "TK dressing room" photos that were revealed recently.

(Sorry to hijack your thread a bit, Tony - I'll be brief, especially for me.   ;) )

Looking at those pictures, it appears as though the chest/back armor "float" above the wearer's shoulders by way of heavy Velcro attachments on the sides of the ab/kidney sections.  Naturally, if the shoulder/yoke piece is not resting on the shoulder, but the shoulder bell did, there would be a distinct drop-off from the yoke to the shoulder bell.

Using the metal tab coming through the yoke's outer edges allows the shoulder bell to rest in a position that is nearly parallel to the top of the shoulder yoke.  This gives a nice, consistent, broad-shouldered appearance to the armor, no matter who is wearing it, and assures uniformity in the appearance of the TKs.

That's my theory, for what it's worth.   :D

• Like 1

I have a slightly expanded theory about the metal tabs protruding from the shoulder yoke.  My theory is derived completely from looking at the "TK dressing room" photos that were revealed recently.

(Sorry to hijack your thread a bit, Tony - I'll be brief, especially for me.   ;) )

Looking at those pictures, it appears as though the chest/back armor "float" above the wearer's shoulders by way of heavy Velcro attachments on the sides of the ab/kidney sections.  Naturally, if the shoulder/yoke piece is not resting on the shoulder, but the shoulder bell did, there would be a distinct drop-off from the yoke to the shoulder bell.

Using the metal tab coming through the yoke's outer edges allows the shoulder bell to rest in a position that is nearly parallel to the top of the shoulder yoke.  This gives a nice, consistent, broad-shouldered appearance to the armor, no matter who is wearing it, and assures uniformity in the appearance of the TKs.

That's my theory, for what it's worth.   :D

Hijack away, thank's for the detailed explanation Tim  :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 2

I'm working on the belt and suspension harness as we speak.

THIS, is exactly what I'm waiting to see.  LoL.  Those pictures were a huge source of information for us.  

• Like 2

Dang, you're one talented dude! 

I'm planning on getting the FO Stormtrooper assembled kit from ANOVOS once it goes on sale. I hope someone crafty like yourself could help those of us (possibly with a guide) get the suit from its ANOVOS factory status to 501st-worthy.

You used the PPG Spot Filler for all the seams that needed filling, right?

You only used Devcon as filler on the yoke/back?

Sorry yes, keep on mind spot filler is only recommend for filling areas 1/8" deep or less.

Yup Waiting for this as well.... :)

Armour Looks amazing,, fair play

Yup Waiting for this as well.... :)

Armour Looks amazing,, fair play

Thanks. Got a lot of work done lost night but today there won't be much progress unfortunately. Try to get some pics out tomorrow.

Have a question for any FO armor owners with their armor built. Last night I assembled my legs to only find out the gaskets are too short. I'm 5'11 ÷. Hope Wyatts gaskets are longer

I'm 6' and Wyatt's are fine for me.

Another hijack, I didn't want to add the metal tab but wanted the shoulders to float so added a piece of abs to both sides.

tfa39.jpg.4cbfea3edf76042d5e0bdc67e41b752f.jpg

• Like 3

On 11/27/2015 at 5:18 AM, gmrhodes13 said:

I'm 6' and Wyatt's are fine for me.

Another hijack, I didn't want to add the metal tab but wanted the shoulders to float so added a piece of abs to both sides.

tfa39.jpg.e2a8066136f8e6d81a2ea11cde4cc944.jpg

Great idea, no worries for the hijack

• Like 1

Have a question for any FO armor owners with their armor built. Last night I assembled my legs to only find out the gaskets are too short. I'm 5'11 ÷. Hope Wyatts gaskets are longer

Anovos gaskets are too small.

I'm 6'1" and watts work amazing.