MTK and AM

I am leaning towards buying and building an MTK helmet and then getting the AM armor.  I like the MTK helmet based on the videos of Mike building them, and the AM armor is more in my price range, plus I want to make sure I have room to move in the armor as well.  Will this combo work?

Isn't sizing the main issue when deciding between AM or MTK?  Because, I think AM is for bigger troopers.  MTK is for the typical original sized troopers who were under 6' tall and had about 32" waists.  

Also, MTK's prices is very comparable to ATA which is very "affordable".  Has MTK raised the prices on the kits?

Agreed.  AM is for your "bigger troopers".  I'm 6'4", about 220 lbs., and a 38" waist.  Another garrison member is finishing his AM build and IIRC, he is 6'3, and about the same measurements as me.  Make sure to read up on the sizes that these armors fit before committing.

Hey Tom.  From what I remember when I was looking into prices for these kits is that AM was more expensive then MTK. 

Also MTK can fit up to a 38 sized waist depending on how the person is proportioned.

What are your measurements?  AM is made for the larger trooper.

I understand we don't discuss prices on here so I am not sure if I should say what MTK quoted as the price for his armor, but I also got an email quote from AM and AM is cheaper than MTK.  I am 5'10' and weigh about 190-195 with about a 36" waist.  I am not a big guy, but I am also not small.  I just want to get the ball rolling on purchasing armor while I still have the wife convinced it's a good idea.

I'm 5'8" 182lbs and am currently working on my MTK. I have a 34" waistline, but measure 37.5" around the belly button. From what I can tell on preliminary fittings, I will be trimming about 1-3" from the seam between the kidney and ab plate. I hope that helps.

I have a mtk and a 35 in waist 37 around the belly button 5'9" 190 lb and I trimmed about 1 in all around both sides ab and kidney . And if my memory serves me right the helmet video is a te2 bucket hipps not the current mtk but not much different . If you want to see my Kit check my eib submission. As for the combo working I don't see any reason why not just remember that there are lots of shades of white and different makers buy from different plastic suppliers just my 2 cents

Sent from my TK comlink via Holonet

I'm a hefty trooper and I personally have the MTK bucket and AM/NE Armor, and I love the setup. (plus the color matches very well!!)

5'10"

250 lbs

36" waist.

:smiley-sw013:

- Berbs