EIB status, possible for everyone?

OK, so this is gonna sound awful so I'll just say it.

I was looking through EIB requests to see how big one could be do achieve this knighted status. For some reason half of the pictures come up as numbers.jpg, so maybe there are, but I didn't see any larger people. So what I'm asking is... can a more obtuse person achieve EIB? Now, I myself am not small. I could be thinner, sure, and that is only my fault and it's something I'm working towards, but my build won't allow me to ever be "small". Anyway, if the proportions were correct, would a larger person be able to get the badge of honor that is EI status?

Let's try to keep opinions out, and if someone could answer me objectively, it would be better. This goes along with a post I saw recently about trying to get more people to go EIB and Centurion. This may be one of the hurdles keeping people from doing so. It seems most of the kits to be EIB capable, so hopefully motivation like mentioned before will help.

So anyway, thanks in advance, hopefully this goes well.

Absolutely.  The bigger the person though, the more they would have to do shim work to make the armor fit and meet the gap limit requirements between pieces.  Might have to shim much more than the kidney piece.   

• Like 1

Alright thanks, I would say after a certain point in size, shims would be necessary anyway. Does this apply to centurion as well? I just didn't recollect any larger people with the badge, or in the first page of the EIB requests.

Sure, for centrion, too.

The orginal costmes were mde for people with 1,77 and about 70 kg of weight.

So let's face it, most troopers would not fit into them without modifications.

As long as the armor is fitted to you and you have all the details right, you can achieve any award.

Edited by Sonnenschein
  • Like 1

There is no discrimination in the 501st. Anyone, any shape. Only the armor needs to have the proper requirements.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The most important thing is that you feel comfortable and good in your costume.

You are too tall?

You are too fat?

You are too small?

You are too skinny?

Welcome to the club.

In my opinion, around 60 percent of the FISD members don't live up to the norm, including myself.

The FISD is an"equal opportunity employer", which means that we only want to see that you care about your costume, did your research and wear it with pride.

Make it as screen accurate as possible and try to look good. Troop for charity and we are proud to call you a member.

It's as easy as that.

Edited by Bone
  • Like 2

I say GO FOR IT, Chris!  There are many people here more than willing to help you out with whatever you need to get to EIB and Centurion.  Yes, it will take some extra work, but it is something you will be glad you did!  All the best!

I always think of it as a tailored suit. No matter what size or shape or form you are, if your tailor is good....you're gonna look sharp! Like the Kingpin from Spiderman. He's always in a suit. He looks good. He looks mean. 

• Like 1