LoveMonkey's AM 2.0 Build Thread

Here's some inner strapping pics. For all the areas glue the strap mounts first. Once in place the back plate and kidney, butt them against each other, measure the distance between the snap mount locations then build connecting straps,

IMG_0899c.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

• Like 1

What he said.  (:  Get rid of the gaps where you know they're not supposed to be... butt to kidney, kidney to back, and overlap the chest with the ab.  Once those are attached, put on the armor and use blue tape to hold the shoulders in place, and that should give you an idea of how long to make the shoulder's elastic straps.  I had my wife put several pieces of tape on the inside and outside between the chest and back over the shoulders, then cut the tape off flush with the back plate, which gave me a very measureable length between the two plates.  Add a couple inches to either end for snaps or gluing, and you know exactly how long to make the straps at that point.  (for me, the magic number was 2.5 inches showing between the chest and the back)

As far as your wife not knowing what she's looking for, have her take pictures with a cell phone of areas you can't see, maybe holding a ruler next to the area in question, and showing you the picture.  You can then say "ok, move that piece up so there's only x space showing between them, tape it in place, and take another picture.  That way, she's helping, without being the one who has studied everyone elses builds!

• Like 1

I will keep this in mind, thanks so much.

If everything works out, I should be going to a member's house this week so he can help me with it. It will be good to have a pair of eyes that knows what they are looking at.

On a side note, the weathering is pretty much done. I worked with my Garrison CO, who has artistic talent and we were able to knock back the paint some more and then he had the final touches. I think it turned out great and our GML has approved so far. Pictures to follow soon when I have a chance to take some (I'm at work all weekend).

Besides the internal strapping and final fitting, I need to finish the thigh ammo boxes, belt, and a few other loose ends. Hopefully will be done in a week depending on the internal strapping issue. My CO is going to help take the submission pictures once we touch up the paint following the fitting.

I'll keep you posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question - I was trying on the shins again before I install the Velcro. As I walk around they seem to slip down, then pinching my knee. They also seem to want to turn outward, so my knee is inside and the sniper plate is outside.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Question - I was trying on the shins again before I install the Velcro. As I walk around they seem to slip down, then pinching my knee. They also seem to want to turn outward, so my knee is inside and the sniper plate is outside.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Foam as Jason has mentioned and velcro.

I have 2 sets of armor using velcro no oadding, no problems with shins moving PERIOD!

So I met with another garrison member last night and we worked on getting the pieces to fit.  After moving them around and adjusting here and there, here is what the back looks like.  This is the only picture I have as this was the main area of concern.  I think with the measurements I took that I shouldn’t have any more surprises in store as I make the straps.  Let me go knock on some wood.

IMG_20151022_201033_zpsh4dzaxc9.jpg

Here is the updated weathering pictures.  They will be touched up right before my submission pictures are taken in case any of the paint gets rubbed off.  Once approved it will be clear coated.  I think it looks pretty good.

IMG_3313_zpszgzlqaja.jpg

IMG_3312_zpskdlk8g3c.jpg

IMG_3311_zpsbcnywdlz.jpg

IMG_3310_zpssyaxzm1q.jpg

IMG_3309_zpsshnnaq8j.jpg

IMG_3308_zpsykxj2mpa.jpg

IMG_3307_zpstxl44bix.jpg

IMG_3306_zpsea4phu63.jpg

IMG_3305_zpsttijkwvn.jpg

IMG_3304_zpsldth5mpe.jpg

IMG_3303_zpszsm46onr.jpg

IMG_3302_zpsukg0blpi.jpg

IMG_3301_zpsy9rcizkm.jpg

IMG_0468_zpsvfn1fzeb.jpg

IMG_0467_zpsfn8guqgr.jpg

Hopefully I can have this done by this time next week.  Just need to find the time to work on it.

Might want to consider raising the brow some though. 

TD basic approval "Deployed", he'll be fine. If he decides to go SWAT then that may change depending on which TD he'll want to emulate .

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been really busy as of late.

I have everything about done. Just need to do the strapping on the arms and finish up a few other small strapping areas and I'm done.

To be completed soon...hopefully

So I'm heading over to my Garrison CO's house today to touch up the weathering and take submission photos.  I just gave it a final test run and I think it looks great but a second opinion never can hurt.  Is there anything in the pictures below that looks wrong or that won't get me basic approval?

IMG_0501_zpsnxlc3l4k.jpg

IMG_0506_zpscwkrvzip.jpg

IMG_0505_zpsswzgxtgs.jpg

IMG_0504_zps7usua0v2.jpg

IMG_0503_zpsxubpgtzh.jpg

IMG_0502_zps3ygujwir.jpg

I find it funny that your GML wanted you to tone down and my GML wants me to increase my weathering. I would suggest bringing down some weathering from the bottom of your shin to the boot so it looks a bit more natural. Your boots look a little too clean.