Kredal's ANH Hero build [AM2]

Kredal

I looked on Centurion apps for the proper snap placement, and it took me to the bottom of the first page to even find someone who used the big sew-in snaps, and I copied they way they did it..  Most of the suits were done with the standard Dritz snaps holding the shoulder bells on... and Chris's was done with the bells attached to each other across the back.  I'm fine with this tiny bit of inaccuracy.  (:  It looks like I sewed it on differently too... I looped between the holes, where the pictured suit went from each hole to outside and back.  Hopefully my way will still hold.  (It should, there shouldn't be too much force on that snap.)

Ha!  I remember when I posted this about the shoulder snaps that attach the arm straps to the white shoulder elastic.  Turns out, there's a reason the snap is supposed to be sewed on by looping around the outside.  If you don't do that, ~10 troops is enough to get the snap to CUT THE THREADS holding it on!  I found that out shortly before starting to march in a 3 mile parade yesterday. Luckily, I was able to re-snap the snap around my neck seal, and keep my shoulder on for the parade, so even though it looked kind of funky, my shoulder bell wasn't flopping around.  So I get to re-sew that on tonight.

• Like 1

Ha!  I remember when I posted this about the shoulder snaps that attach the arm straps to the white shoulder elastic.  Turns out, there's a reason the snap is supposed to be sewed on by looping around the outside.  If you don't do that, ~10 troops is enough to get the snap to CUT THE THREADS holding it on!  I found that out shortly before starting to march in a 3 mile parade yesterday. Luckily, I was able to re-snap the snap around my neck seal, and keep my shoulder on for the parade, so even though it looked kind of funky, my shoulder bell wasn't flopping around.  So I get to re-sew that on tonight.

Funny you mention that. When I first started posting I was reminded by a veteran to not reinvent the wheel. At first I took offence to the comment but quickly realized the method behind the madness. Even though I'm on a never ending quest to make armor building and fitment better for everyone, there's proven concepts that are just simply logical. The sew snap is by far the #1 choice for that area by far.

• 1 year later...

A year later... and I did something I never thought I would.  I let someone else troop in my armor.

To be fair, he did let me troop in his too.

I think it was a fair trade.

AFk2tgYl.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I'm glad to have come across your build adventure posts from two years ago. I'm very impressed by your great talent. I noticed that you mentioned the feeling of uncertainty, and this not being "your typical Halloween costume" at the beginning of your build. While waiting for my kit to arrive, I'm feeling somewhat anxious and uncertain. <br><br>

Huzzah and Cheers,<br>

David Shakibnia

• Like 2

I second that - this build was an epic resource when I was doing my build.

And just as the man said... I was able to get my Centurion!

Many thanks again mate

• Like 1