Questions about ANOVOS

I was wondering if the ANOVOS Stormtrooper Armor is an acceptable armor when applying for 501st membership. I know they have two different types that you can buy I put the info below. I really want to join but I'm rather confused on everything.

Completed Ensemble Details
  • Comes with the completed helmet, holster, belt, neck seal, gloves and two-piece arming (body) suit.
  • Fully lined interior armor pieces, exclusive only to the completed ensemble.
  • Integrated rigging system for armor pieces, so just attach to the and go.
  • All pieces finished -- just assemble to start serving the Empire!

Kit Details
  • Comes with the completed helmet, holster, belt, neck seal, gloves and two-piece arming (body) suit.
  • Armor pieces that require trimming, clean-up and physical assembly.
  • Features basic instructions for assembly.
  • Basic webbing suite for mounting of armor pieces to arming suit.

Really is up in the air in my opinion. Based on the pictures of their website - it will have all be necessary elements for basic approval. It also seems that with the correct building work- it could be approved within the FISD boards for the highest level of approval.

That said - it is all dependent on how the armor fits you - which is where most will lean toward you building a kit. Even with good generally sizing - most pre built kits will almost certainly not fit you perfectly and require rebuilding/strapping anyway.

• Like 1

The armor itself if built properly will be 501st acceptable. Almost any armor is 501st acceptable. But mostly it's how it is assembled that decides whether or not it is accepted.

• Like 1

Also, there are so many threads here already answering almost all questions about all of the armor makers. Here is much of the info about the Anovos stuff, there may be a few other threads to find with some other info. Good luck with your kit, I know Anovos will be different, but check out the build threads so you know the work involved in building your armor, (like what tools are needed, boots,accessories).

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30831-anovos-tk-armor-preorder/page-29#entry409979  

Good luck in deciding, do it soon before the price jumps up again!