Hasbro E-11 for approval

Madighon

Hello, total noob question,

As one of the soon to be Anovos TKs, I have been fortunate to find 2 1996 Habro E-11 Blasters (1 white, 1 black).  I couldn't find the specific info in the forums, so I was hoping someone on here could tell me what are the minimum modifications for the Hasbro for basic level TK 501st approval if any?  Granted, I realize that a blaster is not required for approval, I will have one.  Also, besides Droopy Doos, does anyone know where I can find conversion kits to make the Hasbro more authentic?

Thanks,

Madighon

Edited by Madighon

Doopydos sells hasbro conversion kits, I am not aware of any others. A converted hasbro is good enough for EIB (level 2) certification for TK's.

Good luck with your build.

Edited by Khazid

On 6/12/2015 at 6:05 AM, Madighon said:

Hello, total noob question,

As one of the soon to be Anovos TKs, I have been fortunate to find 2 1996 Habro E-11 Blasters (1 white, 1 black).  I couldn't find the specific info in the forums, so I was hoping someone on here could tell me what are the minimum modifications for the Hasbro for basic level TK 501st approval if any?  Granted, I realize that a blaster is not required for approval, I will have one.  Also, besides Droopy Doos, does anyone know where I can find conversion kits to make the Hasbro more authentic?

Thanks,

Madighon

Yo, I am also a soon to be Anovos TK. I went for the doopy doos conversion of my E11 and I would recommend it. It was fun. Set me back about £45 which is as cheap as I am going to get it in the UK. Unless you already own the Hasbro blaster then your half there, I had to buy mine. Found loads of tutorials on the conversion process on the forums. Its pretty easy. If I had a spare blaster like you I would build both and sell one for a nifty wee profit ;) Id imagine there will be plenty of anovos guys looking to buy it. I made mine as soon as I could because I couldn't wait, plus thats part of the building process out of the way before I get my armour.  Anyway heres a photo of how mine turned out: ---------

If I could redo mine Id probably be more patient with the process but I think its fine for now. Probably will re-spray paint it soon, i kind of rushed it, but its not beyond perfecting.

Ive looked around for other conversion kits but Doopydoos seems to be the only reliable source at the moment. Its a pretty damn good kit. they took a while to dispatch mine plus if you live not in the UK then be prepared for some waiting time. If you want any tips or pointers just ask I am happy to help. ive researched the shucks out of this, not that im an expert in any way, this is the first "movie prop" thing ive ever made, im still a newb like you :D

Goodluck!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

For basic approval, you don't even need a blaster. Your blaster will need to be black if you decide to carry a weapon. Only when you get into EIB(land) does your blaster need to meet any physical specifications.