It's Coming.....

Artshot

Yup, my brown box of Stormtroopery Goodness is on it's way (AM 2 to the UK)

The 9 year old me is jumping up and down and wondering why it took so long to get around to getting myself a set of armour, the 47 year old me is doing the same :)

Day 1 - Anaheim

I know, the wait is killing me......standby for updates.

Edited by Artshot
  • Like 4

Ahhhh....  The old "Hurry up and wait"...  where days can seem like months.  Don't worry, it'll be there faster than you think!  Stormtroopery Goodness...  I may have to steal (or at least borrow) that one!  Looking forward to your build thread!!

Since the 15th at 10:15 my Brown Box has been at "Awaiting Customs Clearance".

It's the lack of any other information that is annoying.

From past experience, once a charge is figured out by the usual method of thinking of a number, then doubling it, they will send me a letter, change the status and send the parcel to my local depot.

So either by finding out by the website (not always the case) or receiving a bill in the post for customs charges, which can take a couple of days, I know how much to pay, it then takes a couple of days to process everything before they will get around to sending out my parcel.

Meanwhile there's a good chance the box has been opened, which has happened on different things over the years, it's this part that worries me.

I am going to call them when I get in from work and ask politely........very very politely!

Hot off the press.......

My Brown Box of armour is still in UK customs......sigh :(

I called Parcelforce (UK courier company who handle post unless it's specifically being dealt with by a courier), was told it can take upto a month.....

However I decided to go direct to UK Customs, after a quick check my box is in a queue of items handed to them on the 15th and should be looked at in the next few days.......sigh :( (the month is only if the item needs examining and contains moving parts)

I am beginning to think it would have been easier to pick it up over there (I am going to SDCC) assemble it, then wear it home.......sigh

Stay tuned for the next thrilling instalment.

Sigh....:(

On the plus side, even if they open the box, everything is so well packed in foam, that unless they start also unwrapping plastic, you've got nothing to worry about.  The only thing that MIGHT get you into trouble is the little jar of ABS glue that he sends with the kit. (that you probably won't even use... I know I won't!)

Here we go, the next thrilling instalment of "The Brown Box Cometh........Slowly"

Day 8 - UK Customs have released my box into the wild (with a customs charge), it should be arriving at a depot near..ish me soon.

Happy Happy, Joy Joy :unsure:

Another day, another update (I can tell you have all been on the edge of your seats waiting)

Day 9 - So so close, well after calling Parcelforce yesterday, I was informed I was a little to eager to pay the customs charges on my Brown Box of Stormtroopery Goodness and would have to wait till this morning, sometime after 8am to pay............so at 8am on the dot, I called and handed over the ransom, I call it a ransom as I think charging people more money (20% of the value) for items bought for private use and not resale is a disgrace.

Anyway, as of 8:15am this morning I was told I will be the happy father of a bouncing Brown Box (hopefully not really bouncing)......of course I had to pay extra for a Saturday delivery as they only deliver Mon to Fri......when I am at work......sigh.

Standby for the next (hopefully last) thrilling instalment of "One day my box will come"