Storage Containers

Quick question for everyone - what do you use to store your armor at home/transport your armor to events?  Since I just ordered my AM armor, I figure I might want to protect what will end up being an expensive set of armor.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-037025H-Gallon-Mobile-Chest/dp/B000Q5LZT4

Something like this.  Should be able to get it cheaper at a local store.  You really need 50 gallons at least, wheels are good, a lock (or lockable) is REALLY good, and if there's an internal shelf or something to put the "soft parts" even better.

I'll be heading to Lowes in the next day or so to look for my case.

Josh is spot on with that suggestion, Kirk.  I use a Husky, which ran about 60 bucks on sale at Home Depot, and well worth it.  I also added some 1 inch thick foam padding to the inside walls and bottom to keep things from being knocked around. 

• Like 1

Several threads with a variety of info, Search on the site is wonky, so here are a couple google links:
----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I'll let you in on a little trick, Carlos...  If you extend the handle out, (though not completely), the small storage box that comes inside fits perfectly into it.  That way, you can have total access to both at the same time.  One other thing... You probably won't have to lock your bin most of the time, especially if you are in a secure changing area with other 501st members.  I have only felt the need to do this once, and what I did was to buy a small "emergency key holder", and Velcroed it into my helmet to hold the key.  Easy access!

I bought the stanley bin at Home Depot for $68. I was going to go the Husky route, but when my wife saw the engraved name plates on the 501st forums that fit the stanley bin, that did it for me. ;)

Either way, I'm sure both are just fine, and at $68 and $64, it's no big deal which you choose. 

Just a heads up the Stanley box has been discontinued and been replaced by a Dewalt version Dewalt is a subsidiary of ( Stanley black and decker) it's around $ 80 heavy and not worth it . The Huskey is the best box imho . With its sealed Handel channels and weather stripping around the lid contents should stay dry if in the back of a truck and weather is poor.

Sent from my TK comlink via Holonet

Josh is spot on with that suggestion, Kirk. I use a Husky, which ran about 60 bucks on sale at Home Depot, and well worth it. I also added some 1 inch thick foam padding to the inside walls and bottom to keep things from being knocked around.

By the way, where did you find the 1 inch foam padding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everybody, this is exactly what I was look for. I'll be heading down to Home Depot for a Husky bin before my kit comes. Got to protect my investment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure it fits in your car or truck. I only have a sedan and I could not fit the husky job box in my trunk so I found a rolling rubbermade container that did fit. 

you can find the foam at any craft store. Jo-Anne's has it, bring a coupon or more

After getting the Stanley, and being able to compare them, I exchanged them for the Husky boxes. The Husky is so much stronger, and the handle moves in and out better. Plus it seals where the Stanley does not. I'm not sure why anyone would have picked the Stanley over the Husky, if able to compare side to side.