Shoulder bell TK-Number allowed?

Quick question: I'm going for Centurion on my armor, but I'd like to personalize it with the shoulder bell decal that TrooperBay sells (or get the same thing cut locally)... Will having an extra sticker on a shoulder DQ me from the upper tiers of 501st approval?

For reference: http://trooperbay.com/personalized-shoulder-bell-id-decal.html

The short answer is yes, you will have problems.

The british garrisons sport them and there is a grey zone created especially for them, because it is some kind of tradition in great britain to have your tk number on your shoulder bells.

Generally you can put it simple:

You are aiming for centurion, the highest tier in accuracy possible.

The troopers in the movies don't have numbers on their bells, so you shouldn't have either.

What you do after you achieved centurion status is completely up to you.

What Bone said.

Get approved as Centurion and your status is permanent. Even if you sell your armor. Get approved, go nuts.

On a personal note, I'm not really a fan of the numbers on the shoulder plate. Its not accurate and no one knows what they mean anyway. Its just black gibberish on your shiny white armor ;)

Thanks for the info!  I'll get approved first, and then go nuts.  (:  I think the point of the personalization is to be able to look at a line up of TKs, all wearing seemingly identical armor and being able to say "The third guy from the left, with the TK-12345, is me!"

(Obviously I'm not TK-12345, but you know)

Thanks for the info!  I'll get approved first, and then go nuts.  (:  I think the point of the personalization is to be able to look at a line up of TKs, all wearing seemingly identical armor and being able to say "The third guy from the left, with the TK-12345, is me!"

(Obviously I'm not TK-12345, but you know)

If you are at a canon event you will not be allowed to have the numbers on your shoulder. Other events are ok, but some people frown on them, and some people don't care.

The UKG uses Aurebesh, and not normal numbers I believe so it doesn't look like just numbers.

UKG doesn't show any numbers at all. Their shoulder decal just says 'UKG' in aurebesh.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

UKG doesn't show any numbers at all. Their shoulder decal just says 'UKG' in aurebesh.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ahh, thank you for the clarification!

I wouldn't worry about identifying yourself in a TK line up. Once you finish building your armor you'll know each piece of plastic inside and out, and you can see the subtle differences which will let you identify yourself in a crowd. 

I did my first troop last weekend and there were about 150 troopers there of ALL costumes; and I was surprised at how easy it was to pick me out in the crowd. 

The entire point of a uniform is uniformity of basics. Every solder looks the same. Collar dogs and shoulder flashes and placement of element Id. Their names in the same spot. Unless every tk in your garrison sports a tkid on their shoulder it looks out of place. Personally it should go on the back of the helm and the right chest bump.

Apparently not.... Looks like YESSRAM is about to get his Centurion approval with numbers on his shoulders.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31709-tk-99988-requesting-anh-stunt-centurion-status-ata/#entry408306

That's not supposed to happen. If it does it's an exception, not a rule.

Apparently not.... Looks like YESSRAM is about to get his Centurion approval with numbers on his shoulders.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31709-tk-99988-requesting-anh-stunt-centurion-status-ata/#entry408306

And that's kind of why I posted the topic... I saw his Centurion thread, and was a little confused.  But I wasn't about to call him out on it here, because hey, if it's allowed, it's allowed. I'm the new guy. (:

That's not supposed to happen. If it does it's an exception, not a rule.

Hopefully it won't happen, as one exception leads to precedence that others can use to let it happen to them too. One rule for all. 

And that's kind of why I posted the topic... I saw his Centurion thread, and was a little confused.  But I wasn't about to call him out on it here, because hey, if it's allowed, it's allowed. I'm the new guy. (:

Yeah, me too. But as Bone said, if it wasn't in the movies it shouldn't be allowed. Still don't know why the UK guys get away with it.

So really, whoever is in charge of saying "Yup, you're a centurion" should say "Scrape off the vinyl, take more pictures for posterity, we give you the stamp of approval, then decorate however you want.

Then newbies like me won't be confused by differing standards.

UKG get to have their decal because it's something members are given to them when they join the garrison. It's not a personalized decal, all have the same one and it's so small and discreet no one notices it. It also helps them differentiate between the other SW costume clubs they have in the UK that doesn't exist in the US.

Also, grow up and stop acting act like spoiled kids.

• Like 2