TK 66668 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [AP][469]

Thank you VERY much Steve!  One down, one to go!

As for my helmet paint, ABSOLUTELY.  It is on my list and in fact I almost did it before the submission photos.  You had mentioned it on my build thread and I 100% agree.  I just didn't want to screw anything up before submitting, haha . . . I will definitely be doing that soon.  As you can see I took your advice and the neck seal has more lines in it.  It definitely gave it a more rounded solid look, so that was a good call.  I may even replace it and do some more work to get that nice ribbed look.

I have considered nylon for the side.  I'm going to make some straps and see how it goes.  My biggest concern is getting it done up.  With no give, I may not be able to get my hand in there to do it up.  That said, I will try just about anything to avoid shims because . . . SO CLOSE!!  I can do it!

Thank you very much again, and it is an honour to be among the EIB troopers.  I am in damn fine company!  Thanks to everyone on this thread, and others, for all your help.  Seriously, one of the most supportive communities I've ever had the privilege of joining.

Centurion next!

• Like 2

Congrats brother, bring on your Centurion app. ðŸ»

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just wanted to follow up and show some progress I made on my bucket paint.  I took Gaz' advice and here is some progress.  Might even do more, but for now I think it makes a huge difference.

Side before . . . 

2015-06-10%2016.49.03_zps8vgxivyk.jpg

After . . . 

2015-06-16%2011.44.42_zpssgw7ygwa.jpg

Other side after . . . 

2015-06-16%2011.43.40_zps6mu4fagq.jpg

Back before . . . 

2015-06-10%2016.49.36_zps3ziguc26.jpg

Back after . . . 

2015-06-16%2011.44.23_zpsi77i2iyb.jpg

The differences are subtle, but they make a big impact.  As I said, I might even do more.  I'm just giving myself some time to regain an objective perspective and decide.  For right now I think it's gone from "messy hand painted" to just "hand painted", and that's the goal.  Thanks Gaz!!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I'm 6'3" I'm worried about large gaps between armour components. Is this an issue with AP?

Wow at 6'3" AP is a real stretch, but at the end of the day, a good build is a good build, and we don't discriminate on the size of a Trooper.

AP is about as small as armor comes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk