Kawnr's Rubies E-11 conversion!

kawnr

So while I'm waiting for my big brown box day I decided to start working on all the other aspects of my TK build! First thing I ordered was one of these bad boys71d-EUBuSUL._SL1500_.jpgI know it's a rubies but I just couldn't swing a more expensive E-11 at the moment. I'll save that for the future!

The first thing I did was drill the barrel holes. Sorry, I didn't take any photos of that process. After that I primed and painted. White then silver then black. After all the paint was dry I did some weathering and added a sticker to the counter.2HqGA86.png

But I wasn't satisfied with that. So I stared some sanding. And more cutting. I sanded down the T-tracks and drilled the barrel out. I also opened up the scope rail as best I could. So it was time to paint again.

5Vqc8B0.png

After the paint was dry AGAIN I made some power cylinders out of a couple old AAA batteries and some random plastic I had lying around and added that along with some wires. Then some more weathering and a couple decals and boom! It was finished! 

kplOZzC.jpg

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out considering I spent around $25 for everything. Plus it was a fun way to start my 501st adventure!

• Like 1

Looks good for $25! I'll be getting one at the end of the week and plan on using it as a test run for when I eventually build a Doopydoos kit.

What did you use to open up the scope rail? Makes it look much better.

Looks good for $25! I'll be getting one at the end of the week and plan on using it as a test run for when I eventually build a Doopydoos kit.

What did you use to open up the scope rail? Makes it look much better.

Just used a dremel tool, some sand paper and one of those mini file kits so clean it up. Unfortunately the screws on my gun were stripped when I got it, so I couldn't open it up and open up the rail behind the counter. But even if it was opened the counter would block the view anyway.

• 1 month later...

Nice job, looks great especially considering your supply costs thanks to some ingenuity. ðŸ‘

Use super glue made for the plastic you're using if you're confident. Use E6000 if you're not, cause it's rubbery and can be removed relatively easily although it cures much more slowly

Edited by charlesnarles

• 4 months later...

kawnr,

Mind if I ask why the white and silver primer before black? J/w because this all new to me and I'm about to start the same process with a rubies.

Thanks!

I always want to do a nice white prime before painting any other color. Paint looks better when there are multiple coats on top of each other. The more layers the better to an extent. Silver was so I can sand some of the black and weather it to look like real metal under a black painted gun.

Another random question....what about glue? What's used on rubies or any other gun when piecing it all back together?

I actually never took it apart as the screws were already stripped when I got the gun. But I used E6000 to glue on the power cylinders.  

• 3 years later...

I just saw your build thread. It has inspired me to go all out on the one just bought. Can I ask what you used for tk the blaster counter?

I got the screws out of mine, but they must super heat them together because it did not come apart easy. I am going to try to capture every step of my build. I might be back for more questions. Again, great job.

Oh, what did you use on your scope. What is the red thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just used a dremel tool, some sand paper and one of those mini file kits so clean it up. Unfortunately the screws on my gun were stripped when I got it, so I couldn't open it up and open up the rail behind the counter. But even if it was opened the counter would block the view anyway.

Where is it opened up? I don’t see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk