TE2 helmet brow trim

After looking into finding accurate brow trim, I looked at a TE2 helmet and realized this is just U channel extrusion rubber. 5/8" high and 3/8" wide (outside measurement) The only thing now is to locate a vender who sells it by the foot. Anybody know where to look?

although it is just a u channel the really accurate ones you get in the uk :) They have the so called lip you can see on the movie helmets. It's possibly a question of how they store them on the rolls why the lips occur?? Please correct me if I am wrong but that is what me was told.

http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/

I'm not sure I understand your "lip" question. From what I observed, the square U channel extrusions appear to have a lip because the side of the rubber is attached to/or slid under the helmet. It gives a "wedge" appearance when you glue the other side flat. I have a few emails in to rubber supply companies here in the USA. I will you know what I learn about availability.

well I know some other suppliers in the us offering U channles in the right size. It is no problem to get U channels in the right size.

The lip is present only on one side if you bend it. It occurs not only if you assemble it. I had different U channels in the same size but they appear different which means they don't get the "lip" on no side! If you find another supplier that has good U channels with an accurate look let us know :) That would be very cool!

Marcus

I am sure this topic has been repeated a million times in different threads, so for that I apologize.

I need to purchase the brow trim but want to make sure I get the right rubber. I am working with 2 fiberglass stunt helmets. The last piece of the puzzle are the brow trims. Any help would be appreciated. If the US52 from Seals Direct in the UK is the most screen accurate rubber, then I will buy that. Are the TE2 helmets screen accurate? because if so, #US159 is 5/8" high and 3/8" wide which is what I measured from a TE2 helmet.

again thank you for any help!!