TK 68911 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [AM][468]

Hey Tommy great looking gun sir. My only concern is maybe the placement of the counter, IMO I think it should be moved back a tad, about 1/2" maybe. Steve may think otherwise let's see what he has to say before making any changes.

Tommy.jpg

I guess it's a good sign that we're only discussing the blaster at this point. Must mean the armor is looking fantastic! If we reeeealy want to get nit picky, there are some painting details we could address, but overall this is a great E11 build. Tommy, did you take WIP photos or have a build thread anywhere?

Edited by cm325i

I am really liking that we are only talking about the blaster right now, and seriously do not mind moving things around in order to meet EIB standards.

I unfortunately did not take any WIP pictures along the way ( I am really bad about that! ), however Jeff "Darthhair" Rodriquez, whom I brought the conversion kit from has a video tutorial on YouTube that I followed.

Once it was all together, I just gave it a light brushing with acrylic silver paint to give it a sort of used, "weathered" look. I am not the greatest at that, but gave it my best shot...(pun intended).

I am sad to report that the inside wire to the light in the front was damaged during the conversion and now it won't light up. :( It still makes noise though.

Alright Tommy: We've put this off long enough so let's get to it!!!

Thank you for applying for Expert infantry. Let's take a closer look at your armor!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

Thank you for your easy to follow and complete set of submission photos! Originally, this response was delayed to give you a chance to properly upgrade your blaster regarding the left (magazine) side and the removal of the lower most T-track row and replacing that with the proper vent holes. This has been done. However, in the concentration of the vent hole conversion and the mention of the counter placement (which I am not all that concerned about) there is one more aspect of the Hasbro conversion that I do not see to be EIB eligible. The "D" ring on the back of the butt cap. Although this picture is a real Sterling, the "D" ring conversion will look almost exactly like this when done:post-12041-0-87780700-1434126042_thumb.jpg If it is there, please post a picture.

There was another concern regarding the bicep straps on the shoulder bells. Those photos showing their presence have also been provided. Thank you.

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section I will review observations made by your fellow troopers and myself. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the above or below sections.

Clint had mentioned a CRL quote and a concern regarding changes of it and how it pertains to the conversion of the Hasbro blaster to qualify for EIB. In a previous version of the CRL, the conversion items were listed in a wishy washy kind of way that some people interpreted as a suggestion rather than a requirement. This has since been changed to clarify that. 

As for the mention of the tube stripes, there is no set or required number of stripes. Just as long as they stay properly positioned, are in the right color, the curves facing the correct way and are 9 or more.

Other than that, I really have nothing to add regarding your armor! You have a solid build and great attention to detail. The item regarding your blaster is the only issue I have at this time. 

Centurion Suggestions:

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. I try to point out all I can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

With the details as you have it, I would be surprised if a Centurion application is NOT in your future. There are a couple things to look at before applying.

First is the need for a Sterling based blaster upgrade.

You will need flexible/latex handplates

You will need to incorporate the notch into the lower, front portion of the kidney.

Although your back armor is Ok, the overlap onto your kidney will need to be adjusted. There should be no or so very little overlap in this area. It should just be a single seam.

You WILL need to acquire a new chest.

Lastly is just a slight adjustment of your shoulder bells to get them higher up. Its best to have very little to no gap between your shoulder bells and the shoulder bridges.

Please contact me should you have any questions.

Great work just get that blaster worked out and you are there!!

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the positive feedback, it is much appreciated.

I will take a shot of the back of the blaster here shortly.

YES YES YES YES Thank you!!! Typically, I can tell if there is a "D" ring even without a straight on shot like you just provided. Please forgive me if I could not. And I wear my glasses when I do these!!!!

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS, Tom!!! Welcome to EIB!!!

• Like 1

YES YES YES YES Thank you!!! Typically, I can tell if there is a "D" ring even without a straight on shot like you just provided. Please forgive me if I could not. And I wear my glasses when I do these!!!!

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS, Tom!!! Welcome to EIB!!!

AWESOME!! Thank you so much, I am truly honored! :)

I would like to thank my friend and mentor Clint Marzec, cm325i for all his help, time and patience with this build! This is all thanks to you brother, you are the best!

• Like 1

AWESOME!! Thank you so much, I am truly honored! :)

I would like to thank my friend and mentor Clint Marzec, cm325i for all his help, time and patience with this build! This is all thanks to you brother, you are the best!

Congrats to you my friend!! Lots of late nights working together to get this costume ready to troop... I'm sorry the blaster tripped you up, I wish I had more advice on the conversion but I've not attempted one yet. If I may throw out a little history... Tommy is the only official member of the Mando Mercs in our area and happened to attend one of our 501st/Rebel Legion events. He made fast friends with lots of us and I think that night decided that he had to become a member of the 501st. The brotherhood and comraderie is like no other, he saw that and wanted to be a part of it. Welcome to the EIB ranks brother!

Sent from my ComLink

• Like 1

Congrats to you my friend!! Lots of late nights working together to get this costume ready to troop... I'm sorry the blaster tripped you up, I wish I had more advice on the conversion but I've not attempted one yet. If I may throw out a little history... Tommy is the only official member of the Mando Mercs in our area and happened to attend one of our 501st/Rebel Legion events. He made fast friends with lots of us and I think that night decided that he had to become a member of the 501st. The brotherhood and comraderie is like no other, he saw that and wanted to be a part of it. Welcome to the EIB ranks brother!

Sent from my ComLink

Thanks again Brother! I really am honored to be part of the Family!

The Mercs are cool and all, but there is nothing quite like being part of the 501st.

• Like 1