Make your MR-CE-Helmet a l.bit darker for pics...;-)

Something new,for the guys,who wants the MR-helmets white a little darker for pics:

To make the helmet a little darker white,you can use "Tamiya weathering master" in "soot"..but VERY FINE(if you use too much,it looks like black soot!!) all over the helmet..makes it a better whitematch for pics.But I know,the different is sreenaccurate..the stunthelmets in 1976 had not exact the same colour like the Armors,too.But some guys want it a little bit better match..so that´s a possible way,to do that,without painting the complete armor.I hope that helps. :)

Has anyone re-painted their CE helmets completely?...just wondering...

I'm tempted, so it matches my FX armor better....

I think you must paint all together,because the white isn´t 100% the same,like the plastic of the armor.You see the real differnts under flashlight.You must use the same primer and colour for both(helmet and armor).But a little bit different white is movieaccurate for the Stuntversion,because in 1976 the original stunthelmets didn´t matched the armorwhite,too.I´ve posted pics in another post here. :)

Laspector said:
What is this"Tamiya weathering master" in "soot"that you speak of? Is it some kind of spray paint or what? How about a pic of the stuff and the bucket?

It´s a weathering kit for military modellkits from the japanese Tamiya company.In the kit B,you get "soot"and "snow"..both good for troopers.It´s only to put some dark or white pigments in the white plastic of the helmet or armor(you must look,what gives your look the best effect)...so it reflects the lights different.I used some "soot"on the helmet and a little bit "snow"for the armor.So you need only a little bit of it and put it in circles over the helmet or/and armor..so you can not see it on the first look,but the helmet looks darker and better on pics.I don´t know,how much your white is different..but on my helmet it works great.:D

Here is a pic from the set I used.

-----------

Use your finger to work with it..but only a very little of the colour!!!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

• 4 months later...

Pics under flashlight:

MR CE Stormtrooperhelmet on the left and LE-Version right side on my FX-Armor:

-----------

I think the LE has the better match in white under flashlight. :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Has anyone re-painted their CE helmets completely?...just wondering...

I'm tempted, so it matches my FX armor better....

I´m doing a total repaint, as have a few other, which you can see in the build-threads here on the forum.

I´ll be posting pics soon.