A new AP kit underway

I bought my first AP kit back in 2006, I think.  It has served me very well.  However it has yellowed significantly and has major cracks in the chest plate.  I decided it is time to build a new TK kit.  I bought AP again because I have been totally satisfied with it.  Saturday and today TK4205 came over and we worked on it.  We've got all the major parts glued.  I prefer to use Devcon Plastic Welder.  I must say that TK4205 has a great, easy, build method.  Unfortunately I did not take pics as we built it.  I used to build my armor by gluing tabs on the inside edge to hold the two parts together.  Then I would glue the outer stip over the seam.  It turns out it is faster and easier to glue the outer strip first, then add an inner strip for strength.  I recommend using strong tape on the side edge to hold the two halves together and then glue the outer tab in place.  You can then go back and glue a strip down the seam on the inside to give it more strength.

Thighs:

I wish I had pics.  The thighs are always the hardest part to glue.  But the trick is to hold the two halves together at the top with tape on the inside edge.  Then glue the strip just a the top.  Let it dry.  The glue a little further down.  Do it in steps.  It will pull both haves together and it will work out.  It totally does not look like it will come together but it does.

Edited by kiyotei
  • Like 1