HWT Backpack vs. Sandtrooper Backpack

Hey, so I'm still pretty new here and despite my research, I can't seem to figure out what the differences are between a HWT backpack and a Stormtrooper backpack.  After all my research, I think HWT is what I want to build and I think it looks pretty awesome. 

Any help is much appreciated.  And if this information is elsewhere, I apologize in advance.

Yes, if you want to build a Heavy Weapons Trooper, the Game styled pack is required now in the CRL.

Never be afraid to ask questions, we love questions.

Yes, if you want to build a Heavy Weapons Trooper, the Game styled pack is required now in the CRL.

Never be afraid to ask questions, we love questions.

I get that there is the Sandtrooper pack and the Game styled pack, my question is what is the differences between the two?  What makes the two packs different in terms of pieces that go on the pack?

This is an example of the Game pack.

500px-TK_hwt_full.jpeg

300px-HWT_Backpack.jpg

These are examples of the Sandtrooper packs:

500px-TD_sandtrooper_full.jpeg

TD_sandtrooper_backpack.jpeg

There are more examples of Sandtrooper packs on the MEPD, but the Top, game styled pack is the configuration you need for HWT.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Another thing is that you can readily buy a Sandy pack from any of the 2 primary builders or someone selling one but with the HWT pack you will pretty much have to start from scratch. Don't worry though, there are some great build threads on that and several of us have completed ones to check out and see what you need to get it done. Hope this helps :duim:

Another thing is that you can readily buy a Sandy pack from any of the 2 primary builders or someone selling one but with the HWT pack you will pretty much have to start from scratch.

*Ahem* http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/15118-hwt-backpack-v4-by-quartermaster/

Aside from the many differences between the game and TD packs, the vertical pipe on the right side should not have the thermal detonator control panel. It should be more like the ribbed shoulder bridges.

Well that is an older post and a one-off build for somebody, close but not 100%, he has a newer version which is amazing and what I based a few things on mine off of. I know he sells parts for the pack to build but would have to ask to build one.

I would also recommend checking out the HWT pack build by Templar726.  I used a combination of materials and ideas from both him and ukswrath, and could not be more pleased with the results!  One of the advantages of going HWT (not that I am biased) is that you can bounce back and forth between characters.  If you are looking to be the occasional HWT, (as I do), I would suggest not permanently attaching your drop boxes, but rather use snaps to attach them to your belt, as they are not permitted for that armor.  If I can be of any further assistance for your HWT aspirations, just PM me..  And yes, the HWT pack IS a fun build!!!

Edited by justjoseph63

I would also recommend checking out the HWT pack build by Templar726.  I used a combination of materials and ideas from both him and ukswrath, and could not be more pleased with the results!  One of the advantages of going HWT (not that I am biased) is that you can bounce back and forth between characters.  If you are looking to be the occasional HWT, (as I do), I would suggest not permanently attaching your drop boxes, but rather use snaps to attach them to your belt, as they are not permitted for that armor.  If I can be of any further assistance for your HWT aspirations, just PM me..  And yes, the HWT pack IS a fun build!!!

You guys have been a lot of help, thanks.  I think for the time being I'm going to focus on getting approved as a TK and start trooping.  Then if I decide to go the HWT route, I can pick your guys brain.  There is also a garrison member in my area who might be able to help, so that will be a great resource.