Bondo types question

I'm getting ready to get started on my DDay E11 pipe build.  I'm planning on using bondo for fills and smoothing.  

I took a look at the bondo site and shopped a bit on amazon and didn't realize how many types of bondo there are! 

What do you all recommend for working with resin E-11's   

I saw all-purpose bondo putty which looks like it would do well, and the most popular from what I've seen in the

forums is 261, also have seen green putty and tamiya putty mentioned....any suggestions folks? 

Cheers,

Johnny

Magic Sculpt. It is an epoxy resin that smoothes with water, has a 2 hour working time and can be handled easily with clay tools. I swear by it.

Check out the repair I did on the folding stock in my E-11. It was done with abs shims and Magic Sculpt.

• Like 1

I suggest the magic sculpt as well.   The issue with bondo is it does not stick to certain types of plastic very well and the water smoothing thing that magic sculpt can do would be perfect for messing with resin fills, etc.

• Like 1

If you go with magic sculpt and have questions, drop me a PM. I'll be happy to help.

Edited by Khazid
  • Like 1

What quantity would you recomend for a blaster build? Would 100g be enough or should I go for 400g?

The smallest quantity you can buy will be way more than sufficient. Unless you plan on sculpting your own parts, the smaller tubs will last a long time. I had my initial purchase for almost 8 years before the hardener finally gave up the ghost and I needed to buy a new batch.

• Like 1