Thoughts on Armor Master (AM) Armor Kit

Glad to hear the AM armor has improved again, looking forward to seeing the new parts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If only he would update to a 2pc helmet.

Would keeping it a 3 piece keep it thicker in some spots with the vac-forming? You know what I mean, less stretching? I've never heard of any complaints with the dome/ sides/back being thin in these forums though.

The 3pc makes it easier to take off the buck.

There are lots of people doing the 2pc and they do it just fine. the originals were also this way and it's just a better way to build em. IF you know what you are doing there is no bad thinness in the 2pc pulls.

• Like 1

If AM has updated the chest to fit the shoulder straps and to make the general shape more accurate, this will def be a great kit  for people of all sizes.

I got my tracking number today, super excited.

I also asked, and he said this is the first run with updated pieces, including the chest, and that everything should be able to qualify for Centurion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the new AM2 kit and everything is much better than the older AM. the chest looks great, back is great, and it has everything you need to do pretty much any build with it. It comes with 2 TD knee plates and 1 TK one. You can do a dengar with the 2 TD knee plates. Mine also came with 2 belt fronts, so you can do ESB and ANH belts and swap them out. Very cool. it also has both style handplates like it always did and also 2 different ab button sections, one thats movie accurate with the buttons molded on and one where you could add your own, im guessing like the ones Vader dave sells or used to sell, i dunno if he still does those. The gauge of the plastic is fantastic, like my old FX but more accurate, i think its .090 and pro pulled so the detail is great and its super shiny! Im pretty sure i could roll down a mountain in this and it not break lol. I also love that the rear of the thighs and shins dont have the raised ridge because i have thicker legs and it was always a challenge to get the backs to look right when they needed to be made bigger. The forearms and biceps are also dont his way which makes it fully adjustable to any size. I think a body builder could make this suit work well for them :) 

I was told the 3 piece helmet is done this way because of the structural integrity of the helmet and they wanted to keep that moving forward from the FX helmet. Its not THAT bad really, it definitely yeilds a very very sturdy helmet. It also is trimmed better and now has all the markings to assemble it so it takes alot of the guesswork out of it. Im considering putting white caulking along that seam on the back. It worked pretty well on the frown seam on those MRCE/ EFX lids, i think it may work well for this as well. 

Now ive been a huge supporter of ATA for a LONG time, and still am, but due to my size this kit just seemed to work better for me. I may swap out the helmet for the 2 piece ATA at some point but honestly this helmet is pretty good. Overall i think this is a great kit especially for us more girthy troopers lol. Its super sturdy and im pretty sure i can get a good few years out of it if not more. 

Well, with the chest and back re-design, I guess there goes my last excuse for putting off the order. I'll be pulling the trigger on the AM armor next month or the month after that, finances depending. 

Anyone gotten the new chest/back pieces and shown them to their GML or anyone else involved in the Centurion program yet?

• 3 weeks later...

"These new shoulder, chest and back will make this the most accurate AM2 run yet, and will be able to be built to level 3 standards for the FISD which hasn't been able to be done w/ all original parts."

"This chest is much more accurate and will meet all levels of requirements for all tiers of the FISD."

So does that make this kit AM2.1? Cause the 2.0 I got in October wasn't redesigned.

I know guys have gotten the new backs, but I don't know about the new chests. That's kinda what I'm wondering. Interested in seeing the new chests since I'm placing my order for the AM kit. Wondering if I should go ahead and hit up ATA for the chest or just wait and see....

I know guys have gotten the new backs, but I don't know about the new chests. That's kinda what I'm wondering. Interested in seeing the new chests since I'm placing my order for the AM kit. Wondering if I should go ahead and hit up ATA for the chest or just wait and see....

I will try to get a picture of the AM2 chest that I got at the beginning of June, which should be the new mold.  I haven't touched it yet as far as cutting or shaping, so it's just like it showed up.  Will be a couple hours.

really depends how far you want to go if your going basic you should be ok but level 3 centurion you hve to change both for sure  :smiley-sw013:

Some of the guys I've talked to the back is fine now, but the chest still needs work. I'm not a Centurion expert, so I can't tell by looking at the pics above.