Mr. Stripes Strapping Brackets and ATA

I did several searches in this forum, but it didn't come up with anything which I thought was odd. The question is, who out there has built an ATA kit with Mr. Stripes screen accurate strapping brackets?

I was reading in the sale thread (which does go back a few years) that he had not tried them with an ATA kit. I guess the uncertainty was in regards to the thickness of the ABS and how the bracket screws/nuts would affect the ABS once tightened. Anyone out there use them with ATA and did you have any problems with them.  Thanks!

Edited by TK2311

I did my ATA with Mr.NoStripes brackets. No problems at all. They've held up for a years worth of trooping so far. Just don't tighten them down too tight and add a tiny dab of E6000 to the end of each bolt at the nut. No cracks, loose screws or issues at all so far. 
The main thing you want to keep in mind is the smaller than usual return edge on a few pieces, namely the kidney plate (top and bottom) and the butt plate. A handful of the holes needed to be drilled in the corners at an angle, almost on the outer part of the armor. But don't worry, that's kinda screen accurate.  The link to my build thread is in my signature. Check it out.  :duim:

• Like 1

I did my ATA with Mr.NoStripes brackets. No problems at all. They've held up for a years worth of trooping so far. Just don't tighten them down too tight and add a tiny dab of E6000 to the end of each bolt at the nut. No cracks, loose screws or issues at all so far. 

The main thing you want to keep in mind is the smaller than usual return edge on a few pieces, namely the kidney plate (top and bottom) and the butt plate. A handful of the holes needed to be drilled in the corners at an angle, almost on the outer part of the armor. But don't worry, that's kinda screen accurate.  The link to my build thread is in my signature. Check it out.  :duim:

Good stuff. Thanks for feedback. Mr. Stripes got back to me  as well and said he's received no complaints with ATA. Just got a little worried when I read that after I bought them. I'll definitely be checking our you build thread. 

Can anyone post some close-up shots of the placement of the brackets for the kidney and butt plate? It will probably be apparent when I get to that point, but it would be good to have some clear reference shots of some installed on an approved kit. Thanks!

------------

IT is a challenge to install these brackets on ATA because of the lack of return edge on critical parts like the kidney. But it can be done.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021