Binoculars? Where to get em?

I was thinking it would look cool when trooping HWT to occasionally stop and survey the surrounding terrain with a set of clean Electrobinoculars. Do any of you guys know where to get a cheap set pre-built? We are HWT's so the more stuff we carry the better we look!

Several years ago I've started scratch-building them. I haven't really gotten far yet, but I can show you what I use as a base.

Ā 

It's an Ikea 365+ storage container. It's got the right shape, and with the correct greeblies it should look the part.

Ā 

post-23071-143333052718_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I have been looking into this myself, recently, as well. Here's a tutorial on making a pair from a similar Rubbermaid pitcher: http://costumebot.com/electrobinoculars-tutorial

Ā 

Not screen accurate of course but a decent approximation.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My orders are in! I won a Radica sub assault game on ebay this week and also ordered the Doopydoos conversion pieces. Should be a fun project, my first involving primarily painting.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I scratch built a pair to accompany my sandtrooper and I found it really easy. Here's a link to the build album on photobucket, or you can check out my sandtrooper build thread linked in my sig below. I painted them white then weathered them with silver and umber for that metallic and dirty look, but I'm sure you can weather with only silver to make it match the HWT. Here are some shots:

Ā 

IMG_3682.jpg

Ā 

IMG_3686.jpg

Thanks, but other than building mine (with some special updates) i only machined the masters for casting of the greeblies. The main-work was done by my friend Markus, not only he did all the casting, he was also the one who paid the thousands for the real Simrad.

Ā 

Not sure if he still has some/one, just ask him. His username on the RPF is Odiwan72.

I scratch built mine. And with just one small hole in the top being non-canon managed to fit my digital camera inside. So I can survey the troop and take photos as well.

• Like 2