Armour Paint?

Hey Guys

I was wondering which was a good spray paint to use on my armour at the moment it has a (abs) matt finish and I want to shine it up a little. Now I have got some " White Knight quick dry multi purpose enamel ( in clear gloss)" I've tried it on a spare back plate I have and it looks fantastic, its the finish I'm looking for I just don't know how it will hold up !!. On the can it says hard wearing ( but don't they all ) the last thing I want if flaking or cracking a little while down the track!!!

Thanks for any input......

Danny

Hey guys of course I've tried polishing it ( I'm blonde but come on LOL) , I have now ordered the novus polish as recommended to see if that works better. If not I will use it on my headlights as they have gone cloudy!!! so its not a waste of cash. I would still like to know if anyone has spray painted their armour with success ( just as another option)

Danny :smiley-sw013:

Are you concerned about how the paint will rub? Well let me say this. Whatever color of white paint you buy will surely not match the color of the ABS. Which means that the overlapping parts will probably scratch the white paint and show a different hue of white of the ABS underneath. A clear lacquer if scratched wouldn't really show any different. That being said I'll have to let you know how it works out after I pull my armor and lacquer coat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Daniel, if I can throw in my 2 cents worth, (as an ex-professional painter), it all comes down to a matter of needed steps... If you want it to adhere to a surface, it has to be:

a).  Thoroughly cleaned-, Meaning NO wax, polish, etc.

B).  Lightly sanded-  The primer has to have a roughed up surface to adhere to.  I would suggest 220 grit sandpaper as a final finish to keep it smooth.

c).  Cleaned again-  To remove all dust.

d).  Primed-  This helps the paint stay on.  Krylon makes a (clear) primer specifically for plastic.

e).  Paint-  You want to be sure to allow sufficient drying time between coats... don't rush it.  Trust me.  And buy a quality (name brand) paint.  Also, don't try to cover it in one coat.

If you have concerns about it matching the exact color of your armor, try it on an extra piece of ABS.  Hope this helps!

• Like 1

thanks Joseph and Jeff for your replys , I was thinking of using clear coat of gloss. But most people say the armour is fine as it is, so I will leave it a while. :) although I still like the look of the spare back plate it tried it on !!!! Got an angel on 1 shoulder and a devil on the other!!