Sign in to follow this  
Flyinpiper

Pipers first troop...Is it leagal to have this much fun?

I am copying a post I made in my Garrison forum to share with you my first experience as a 501. I borrowed the idea to mount a gopro on my dlt-19 here on the forum in my first attempt at a gopro video.

>Hello all,
 Having my Legion ID for less than a week now, I got to do my first troop with Havoc Squad yesterday, and all I can say is that it was way more than I expected it to be, and had a fantastic time.
It is such an honor to be a part of a great group like this, and what I can tell the Legion and Garrison Titan is that they should be extremely proud of Havoc Squad. Their pride, dedication, participation, amazing costumes, fan interaction was really something to see.
The participants were Cheeser, Pincer, Girl Scout, DarthChromer & Sean. We also had the honor of trooping with a westsider, Vincbud and his son Ethan. If you have not seen his Boba Fett costume, it is absolutely amazing. His son came along as a Jawa, and the crowd loved him. He also brought along a Spotter (Chris) who was invaluable to the days activities.
Darthchromer's Vader clearly was the fan favorite. Walking around with him, Vincbud, Ethan the Jawa, and Sean in his Gree costume, we were swarmed with fans wanting pictures. It took us more than an hour to make our way around the hall. I can't tell you how many times I heard that the Havoc Squad was the best part of the Comic Con, and how much everyone loved the group. It was really amazing seeing the excitement not just in the kids eyes, but more adults getting to interact with the group.
This was a cosplay comic con, there were hundreds of costumes. I realized something while we were on break. The big difference is people see the costumes on the cosplayers and see a nice costume. When people saw Darth and Boba, they were not seeing a costume, they were seeing and getting to interact with Darth and Boba.
We had a nice booth area set-up, and in the short video I made, you can see the group getting pelted with nerf darts raising money for a 12 year old girl with a serious illness. The goal is to send that beautiful kid and her family to Disneyland. Really awesome to be a part of that.
The video I made is a first attempt with a gopro. I wanted to get more video, but we were swarmed most of the time, and I was not able to stop from the picture taking long enough to turn the camera on. The only shots I got were when there was a short break in the crowd, or when I was tucked in a corner. Our booth at times had people 5 deep crowded around it.
To sum it up, I have done a lot of things in my life, but this was special. I am hooked. Can't wait to participate in the Mariners Star Wars night june 19th. Thanks for letting me be a part of this 501!<

https://youtu.be/-ZYFnmI5_us

• Like 2

That little boy's smile when you gave him the blaster - so cool :laugh1:

• Like 3

Congrats and well done on your first troop! Its one you will never forget. :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Great video, I plan on trying gopro on mine.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Have fun :smiley-sw013: