Battlefront - worried about the TK

charlesnarles

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/creating-the-graphics-of-star-wars-battlefront

Look at the eFX lid next to them saying how they used screen-used stuff. His smile is so evil. Almost as evil as the eFX's.

I just don't want to hate the game for being another inaccurate portrayal but that pic scares me

Edited by charlesnarles

Well its too bad they had no idea what the TFA TK would look like prior to building the game. That would have been awesome to see and play as a character. Hopefully is will show up in a new expansion pack, now that would be cool. 

Yeah don't worry about what he has on his desk, they scanned the actual movie props for the game models. From Stormtrooper armor to the AT-ST models, everything is copied from the actual props. They've had other videos showing thier offices and most of the staff seems to have thier desks full of star wars toys and other star wars collectiables. They even mentioned it was on purpose to help get and keep everyone in a star wars frame of mind.

I guess I was thinking that if you did familiarize yourself, say, as much as one of us, then wouldn't you not really want a weird one to look at all day? And if he indeed likes the idealized look, then I fear it will carry influence somehow. I hope it was just for the picture

I can guarantee you that the eFX helmet is not found in game.

I can't say why or how I know that. But if you consider where I live, and where the game is being developed you can perhaps put the two together.

(No, I don't work for DICE or EA)

• Like 2

Okay so every TK is ROTJ regardless of locale? I assumed we saw ROTJ cause they showed us the Endor level. And that there'd be setting-appropriate representations with grey frowns w/ holsters on the Death Star or Mos Eisley, black frowns w/ holsters on Bespin, and black lips w/out holsters on Sarlaac pit (or would it just be TDs??) etc. Do we get Snowtroopers on Hoth?😕 There's definitely enough disc space for the small differences in characters models. I forgive BF1&2 for saving space but now there's no excuse.

And I meant more like them using the face as reference for a tie pilot or something specific. Just get an RS was my point.

Edited by charlesnarles
  • Like 1

Wow, okay. Yes. It's terrible. It's gonna be exactly that and we can base even more full-game criticism on a few teasers, I'm sorry. Let's form a boycott Battlefront.

There's no point answering in your thread if you're going to extrapolate assumptions for the sake of being negative. Negativity without information is not criticism, it's annoying. 

Edited by Nicky
  • Like 1

LFL has what they call "official" TK's and that's the look they have defined as THE stormtrooper. And that is the ROTJ. Not all design choices are up for the game studio to make. Like it or not. But the desert levels do use a scanned sand trooper helmet instead.

Are you serious, Nicky? ðŸ˜.......... because your response was way more negative and annoying than my post.

Now-rhetorical question since I dgaf now:

Shouldn't the devs have control over (if not be forced by LFL) get it exactly right in terms of said details?

Edited by charlesnarles

Are you serious, Nicky? 😐.......... because your response was way more negative and annoying than my post.

Now-rhetorical question since I dgaf now:

Shouldn't the devs have control over (if not be forced by LFL) get it exactly right in terms of said details?

No. LFL still have final say over what is scanned and what isn't.

I have told them what some of the differences are and the easiest way to adjust to them without remaking the model, only the textures. But don't count on it happening.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

On models like these, you can't really make out these minute "hard/soft pull" details, really. Also, most people simply don't know or care. It's like asking "normal" people who have seen Star Wars two times in their lives who Lobot is. ;)
It's basically mostly about the colors anyway, right, so that should be easily fixed in a mod ;) 

They also use the DL-44 from the cantina scene I believe, and not the "correct" versions from Endor, for instance. For shame!

I'm just happy they make a new game...

But I dont believe ROTJ is the official Model for the Stormtrooper.
The TK's in TFU where very ANH/ESB derived, with paint chips on the helmet and all that.

I think Lucas likes ROTJ TKs, but now who knows. It'll be fun to see what they come up with, and we know they'll be able to improve stuff in the sequels, too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm counting the hours and I'm trying to have my ATA kit ready for day-one😉 My ps4 camera already recognizes my helmet

Edited by charlesnarles

I'm just happy they make a new game...

But I dont believe ROTJ is the official Model for the Stormtrooper.

The TK's in TFU where very ANH/ESB derived, with paint chips on the helmet and all that.

It was and still is. And it's also what the devs told me. Chips on helmets doesn't change that.

It was and still is. And it's also what the devs told me. Chips on helmets doesn't change that.

Still think they look pretty ANH/ESB derived, except for the armor trim. The helmet looks the part and handplates are ANH style as well.

stormtrooper.png

stormtrooper_head.jpg

2101987-169_star_wars_force_unleashed_2_

Edited by Arnie_DK

I don't think those pictures are from the new Battlefront, that looks like the Force Unleashed 2.

Read previous posts.

There's no debate regarding the TFU2 model. It's been officially established that the new BF TK is closesr to ROTJ than the other two films, just look at the official media. The rationalization being that all the OT battles just take place during or shortly after Jedi. I guess I can't be upset with that just because I prefer ANH details for my personal armor set. I used to dislike ROTJ lids but now I want one. i was really excited to see a Sterling-based E11 on PS4, I hope it's not strictly a Mk4 replica. Again, not a deal-breaker by any means, just my personal hype train's trajectory

Edited by charlesnarles
  • Like 1