ROTJ "CFO" TK Build - TK3645

I agree with you Paul.

All the pics I've seen also have curled shoulder straps so it's really hard to tell if they had poppers under there. I personally have never had a problem with them being velcroed and as Velcro is there already just assumed that's how they were fixed.

I have always used elastic with Velcro sewn on the closing side and glued the fluffy Velcro to the armour and elastic glued on the other.

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I've updated this thread, I've not really worked on the suit for a while but I'm now getting back on track  :)

I've started to put the trim around the body parts and assembling the TD.

I'm ready to fix the clips on the TD but my question is what is the screen accurate way? I've looked and found no images to confirm if rivets were used or some type of screw?

I have a set of sskunky banker clips which are pre-drilled with a single hole in each clip...Can anyone confirm the screen used method of fixing the clips to the tube.

If anyone has some pics of a screen used TD showing the clips that would be great aswell.

Thanks

• 7 months later...

Build has been picking up in the last few weeks and I'm close to finishing.....

I'll get some pics uploaded soon to show the progress.

I've tried build the suit to a screen used version using the latest pictures found in the "Costumes" book.

I do need to get confirmation on the size of elastic used for the thigh to belt connection.

I have a 75mm wide black elastic on my RS suit (ANH) but was this the same for ROTJ?

Also need confirmation on attaching battery pack and sniper plate....4mm rivet and washer with or without glue? or what was the screen used way.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Mark,

I used Stelmax 1985 white glue.

I use Stelmax too.

Cheers guys. So how do you apply it? I'm assuming you put glue on both armour sections AND on the elastic and then on top of the elastic, too? Does the glue need to go tacky before mating surfaces together?

Cheers guys. So how do you apply it? I'm assuming you put glue on both armour sections AND on the elastic and then on top of the elastic, too? Does the glue need to go tacky before mating surfaces together?

Hey Mark,

I applied the stelmax onto the area where I'm fixing the elastic....I then put the elastic in place adding alittle pressure for a min or two then i brush the top of the elastic with the stelmax. 

The stelmax dries quite quick...Beware when using stelmax as it will distort the plastic by warping it/producing crease's on the finish side of the plastic (especially if you've used too much stelmax)...I like the warping effect as It's more of a screen used build effect....if you prefer the suits in a more sanitized way without the bumps/scuffs and dents you might not want to use stelmax as some people call using stelmax pretty hardcore.

Not sure if anyone uses stelmax in a different way but that's how I used it.

Hey Mark,

I applied the stelmax onto the area where I'm fixing the elastic....I then put the elastic in place adding alittle pressure for a min or two then i brush the top of the elastic with the stelmax.

The stelmax dries quite quick...Beware when using stelmax as it will distort the plastic by warping it/producing crease's on the finish side of the plastic (especially if you've used too much stelmax)...I like the warping effect as It's more of a screen used build effect....if you prefer the suits in a more sanitized way without the bumps/scuffs and dents you might not want to use stelmax as some people call using stelmax pretty hardcore.

Not sure if anyone uses stelmax in a different way but that's how I used it.

Cool, thanks, that's exactly as i'd imagined the process. It's for the shock trooper. Need to re-do a couple of worn elastic straps at some point.

Cheers :)

• Like 1

Wow - this Stelmax 1985 stuff is really good! Very easy to use, sets very quickly and really strong bond!
Smells a bit, though :D
I'd consider using this on a future build for sure.

Edited by humperdingle
  • Like 1