ATA vs Anovos

Hello,

I'm very excited to join this community! I have been doing a good amount of research the past few days, and I have learned a lot. 

I have looked at the ATA and its $530 with a 11 month wait list. I also found the preorder of the Anovos kit for $450.  If I saw it when it was $350, it would've been an easy choice.  It looks like it will be a good amount of wait for either one. 

Will the Anovos be any good (know its not out yet, so i'm asking for some educated guesses), or should i just wait to get ATA?

Also, is it a bad idea to wait for the ATA armor, but get the helmet now (no wait for helmets)?

Thanks!

-joe376

The Anovos armor is being heavily discussed on this thread:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30831-anovos-tk-armor-preorder/

I personally decided to go for the Anovos armor because it's cheaper and it comes with all the soft parts, excluding boots (whether or not they end up being any good is another question). The Anovos armor is still up in the air to a certain degree, but if you skim through that thread you'll probably come out with some good info to help you with your decision.

Happy hunting!

This is going to be very interesting. Anovos is actually very very affordable. So... Ata (AFFORDABLE trooper armor) will get a hard competitor.

I am very happy with my ata but as nice as it is... There are still a lot of things i really dislike. It's gonna be interesting if anovos will have a better chestpiece, shoulder bells, ab plate Detail. But i guess Anovos will have better/more accurate details.

We will see!

Considering ANOVOS just changed their sales text, it is a bit far out to make any comparisons, also as ATA tweaks his molds all the time too.   I think it best to wait until ANOVOS suit ship first.  Then again, at these prices, do you care?  

• Like 2

I'm with Daetrin on this one. I personally ordered from ATA. I'm waiting for armor and should receive my bucket this week. I think I'll be satisfied with ATA and have heard a lot of good things; keeping in mind as well ATA has a track record and no one has even received an ANOVOS kit yet. Not that I doubt ANOVOS will have a great kit but there are still a lot things up in the air.

Also if you're just looking at price it seems that ANOVOS prices are currently promotional if I'm not mistaken. So if ANOVOS is everything it appears to be great! If it's a lemon, which i don't think so but it could happen, I'm glad to support someone from the FISD and know what I'm getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion, I don't think they would be making something that wouldn't be accepted by the 501st. If it ended up being disapproved, they would lose plenty of customers.  The kit price isn't going to stay low for much longer. I see the possibility of it being a lemon, but at $450 I should be able to get my money back.

I think i will stay on the wait list for ATA and go ahead and preorder the Anovos kit.  When my name comes up in "11 months" on the wait list, I just might want it.

The Anovos website says - Armor pieces made from white PVC plastic - is that worse than ABS plastic?

PVC is (in most cases) more glossy and more "white". I don't really like the PVC thing, especially because the suits in the movie were ABS. So I prefer ABS. But i am still a newbie.

I also don't think they gonna produce Something that is not 501st acceptable. That would be a stupid move.

I really think about preordering a set... Hmmmm...

I also don't think they gonna produce Something that is not 501st acceptable. That would be a stupid move.

By that reasoning, I wonder why Rubies never updated their costumes  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

As a newbie and someone who researched for months. The ATA to me helmet wise is the best lookin one. To me other helmets compared to ATA look funky. As for armor pieces i can say much since its my only suit, but it does look great! I also pre ordered anovos kit, which will be my second, and since it comes with everything except boots and blaster, why not. Prototype looks good in photos, hopefully it does in real life.

Edited by Darth Fader 92

Thats funny. I do have a ata kit but decided for a rs bucket because i think the ata bucket is a little bit so smooth and just not as sharp and accurate than the RS props. Id choose the rs bucket over every other helmet. At least for now. Maybe the anovos armor and helmet will blow us all away.

Even with screen/prop accuracy in mind I still don't believe there's a better kit, only better kits for you. One member paying hundreds more for something another would think is less accurate, is not illogical in the context of the hobby. 

That's why this forum is big. 

So if you purchase  one that is ABS vs PVC plastic does this affect your rating as far as getting and EIB or a Centurion costume?

No. Never has either.

If I can chip in my 2 cents worth, I must say that I am now ATA's biggest fan!  While I am not sure about ANOVOS' customer service, (I have no experience with them), I am beyond pleased with not only the communication, but with the lightning fast speed that ATA shipped me some requested armor parts to replace some of my @M pieces for Centurion.  I honestly wish I would have gone with them in the first place when I purchased my kit.  IMHO I would stick with something tried and true, which I KNOW will be approved. 

Tough choice... ATA is a staple, where Anovos is a steal. I just got my ATA kit and it looks great in person, but I also went for the $350 deal. Their factory soft parts will likely be lesser quality than the beautiful hand-made pieces crafted by members here, so don't let that make your decision since you might be replacing it all. ATA's price is a relative constant compared to Anovos, though! Only gonna get more expensive. Good luck on your journey

If I can chip in my 2 cents worth, I must say that I am now ATA's biggest fan! While I am not sure about ANOVOS' customer service, (I have no experience with them), I am beyond pleased with not only the communication, but with the lightning fast speed that ATA shipped me some requested armor parts to replace some of my @M pieces for Centurion. I honestly wish I would have gone with them in the first place when I purchased my kit. IMHO I would stick with something tried and true, which I KNOW will be approved.

Both actually have great customer service. ATA is quick to respond, with straightforward details and evern faster to ship. ANOVOS goes through a "ticket" system when contacting them, but they respond fast, and are very helpful. Both have done well to take care me of as customer.

Edited by Darth Fader 92