Star Wars Weekend #1 (May 17th) Parade Pix

I was lucky enough that our Disney World plans coincided with Star Wars Weekend.
I wasn't trooping (my shiny whites are still on order) but thought some of the Florida Garrison might appreciate the pix.
Sunday was a bit rainy, but luckily it broke right before the parade was to start.

DSCN0464_zpststaqjon.thumb.jpg.1c5b193df89e31b60b710291087e02c4.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 1

Nice! Tons of people, looks like everyone had a blast. Wish I could've gone.

I'm gonna be taking a trip down to Orlando (sometime this year). I'm gonna have to schedule it around a Star Wars Weekend!

Thanks for sharing!!!

• Like 1

Great pics! Wish I had been there...thanks for sharing! :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

It was dumb luck on my part- my wife had booked the trip about 7 months ago and wasn't even aware that it was SWW- thank goodness it was though, we're not uber-Disney people, so all the Star Wars goodness filled in a lot of cracks.

I think we went on Star Tours about 9-10 different times. LOL!

Nice! Tons of people, looks like everyone had a blast. Wish I could've gone.

I'm gonna be taking a trip down to Orlando (sometime this year). I'm gonna have to schedule it around a Star Wars Weekend!

Thanks for sharing!!!

It really is a cool time, it's weird to see SOOOO many SW tshirts all at one time and in one place. :smiley-sw013:

My tshirt was a big hit (needless to say)

friendsonthatdeathstar-494x277.jpg

• Like 3

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing. I'll be heading down in a couple of weeks as well and I'll try to take some pics of that weekend and post them.

• Like 1

nice job guys, great showing.  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

(why are all the TKs right handed?)

TKs are right handed at Disney World...   

That's the guidance we were given prior to marching.  ;)

Outside of that, great pics, thank you for getting them and sharing!  I marched that Saturday, so I missed the rain.  :D

• Like 3

Hey woodtick,

At least the stormtrooper costumes you see in the pictures above are privately owned, screen accurate costumes worn by members of the 501st.

They should not be compared to the disney suits that are worn by disney cast members on the streets in the park and in the shows.

The disney suits are made for comfort and moveability, a luxury we don't have.

The downside is that they are not screen accurate and don't look too good when you are near them.

There is a thread somewhere, where the suits are discussed in detail.

Disney holds Star Wars weekends and invites members of the 501st and the Rebels to take part in the parades thgrough the park.

• Like 1