Anovos ANH TK Helmet only $100.00 USD.

$175 for a finished, $100 for a kit. Not bad really. I'm sure they are looking for volume. They won't make a loss on them. The plastic and parts needed to have a helmet can't be more then $50/$60 or so. The rest is work but if they have a buck with several helmets they can form at one time, it's easy enough to mass produce. The build price at $75 is about right. So they aren't taking a loss but they aren't making a huge profit. Volume will bring them the profits they are looking for.

Not sure if anyone else noticed but the helmet is to be produced from PVC....

I've since had confirmation from Anonvos that the suit is also to be made from PVC....

This is what I received -

"We are actually swapping out the ABS with PVC for the entire suit pieces (as PVC is a superior material to ABS); this just hasn't been updated yet in our FAQs or product notifications.

We are also working on an email update that will note the material upgrade, too."

Think I would of preferred ABS for lid and suit.... 

• Like 1

I've read that some that have had PVC suits are really unhappy with the change (from FB). I sent a question to find out the thickness. Will that make a difference? I've read everything I can find on the forum on the differences, but it sounds like there is still a higher instance of cracking with PVC.

Offered for the first time on its own is the Standard Line version of the Star Warsâ„¢ Classic Trilogy Stormtrooper Helmet Accessory.

This offering is available in two variants: a do-it-yourself kit, or as a completed helmet that's ready to wear out of the box.

Utilizing the best features of the various helmets made for the Classic Star Wars trilogy, this offering consists of the following features:

Gloss white PVC construction.

Distinctive asymmetry, an artifact of the hand-sculpted screen-used pieces created for the original production of 1977’s STAR WARSâ„¢ EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE, with replicated hand-painted style decoration.

Flat lenses for optimum visibility.

Details matched from existing artifacts.

Kit vs. Completed

The kit version will include the following components for assembly:

Back and head-cap, with separate face mask.

Separate "Ear" caps.

Flat-head screws for ear caps.

Decals for cheek stripes, temple and rear trapezoids, “tears,†“frown,†and ear details.

"S"-trim for neck hole.

Assembly instructions included.

The completed helmet accessory:

Assembled and finished helmet that's ready to wear out of the box.

Adjustable helmet padding to accommodate most head sizes up to US size 8.

Lined, breathable mesh inside of helmet for wearer's comfort.

Tiered Pricing

Tier 1 - Ends June 8, 2015

Pre-orders taken prior to 11:59 PM CT on June 8, 2015 are pre-ordered at:

Do-It-Yourself Kit: $100.00 USD. That's a savings of nearly 33% off the Initial Public Offering price!

Completed Helmet: $175.00 USD. That's a savings of nearly 30% off the Initial Public Offering price!

Initial Public Offering Price - Ends August 1, 2015

After Tier 1 concludes:

Do-It-Yourself Kit: Pre-order becomes priced at $150.00 USD for the duration of the Initial Public Offering, which ends on August 1, 2015. Pricing after end of Initial Public Offering subject to change, including higher MSRP.

Completed Helmet: Pre-order becomes priced at $250.00 USD for the duration of the Initial Public Offering, which ends on August 1, 2015. Pricing after end of Initial Public Offering subject to change, including higher MSRP.

Pre-Order Information

Shipping Estimate

Estimated time to order fulfillment: Winter 2015

Shipping time frame given is an estimate only and is subject to change for any reason.

Shipping and Handling

The shipping and handling for this item is collected upon placement of the pre-order.

Territories Covered by ANOVOS®

ANOVOS® is now able to ship STAR WARSâ„¢ merchandise to the following locations: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.

For North America, we ship to: United States, United States Territories, and Canada.

Orders from territories not listed above will be immediately cancelled & refunded.

I sent Anovos an email asking them is the Helmet that comes with the Armor Kit the same as the ANH Pre Order Helmet.

I thought the Helmet that came with the Armor Kit was "1 Piece". The ANH Pre Order Helmet is a "2 Piece" kit like the ones

that are offered though various venders.

Andy

It means one piece as in its a finished piece having all four parts put together. The kit says 2 piece because it comes in two pieces.

I know the parts for my helmets run about $50/$60 raw.  So  $100 is a deal for a kit.  I couldn't compete with that.  I sell mine for $170.  I guess if that's all you do then it is an easy process.  I know it takes me 6 weeks to make a finished helmet and I am charging $300 plus shipping.  Again...I can't compete.  That being said, the one thing I will say is their helmets are a little wonky.  Crooked from the back. That would be enough to keep me from purchasing it.

I know the parts for my helmets run about $50/$60 raw. So $100 is a deal for a kit. I couldn't compete with that. I sell mine for $170. I guess if that's all you do then it is an easy process. I know it takes me 6 weeks to make a finished helmet and I am charging $300 plus shipping. Again...I can't compete. That being said, the one thing I will say is their helmets are a little wonky. Crooked from the back. That would be enough to keep me from purchasing it.

The wonky or crooked look may be accurate depending on what portion of helmet in the Lucasfilm archive they are trying to replicate. Because every suit and helmet has minor variations I think they replicated portions of suits and helmets to capture the asymmetry as described on their site.

The attached photo is the back of a sandtrooper helmet from the archives that has the wonky or crooked back.

post-20649-143267873232_thumb.jpg

Indeed every on-screen helmet will have idiosyncrasies that make each one unique. From "battle damage" dents nicks and scrapes, to differences in trimming assembly and painting, and I believe even how each helmet piece was pulled from the buck (sometimes pryed or or even cut) which could alter the shape a bit.

A couple of things I see missing from the kit components are the brow trim and the Hovi Mic tips. I presume these are inadvertent omission's but if not it could raise the price to the buyer by about $30 to get those parts.

If I read that right decals for ear details and frown? That's something novel. But I suspect many who would get the kit would end up painting the details if going for a more accurate ANH bucket.

Yeah....I hear you, but based on every screen reference I have seen this is way over the top.  ANH helmets were fresh off the mold.  No warping.  I have looked at every sand trooper scene...and not one of them looks this bad.  The problem is if they are selling ANH helmets they would be straight and only slightly a-symmetrical.   There is no way that the backs of the helmets would have drooped.  And if they are pushing the more wonky versions, then they need to be labeled as ESB or ROTJ.  They didn't re-use helmets until ESB and then recast for ROTJ.  And the re-used helmets suffered from use.  I think these are absolutely awful.    

If you're referring to their pic of the bucket rear, look how it's trimmed; the left side is vertical where the right side is diagonal. They just trimmed the right side more than the left. I don't think the tube looks that wonky if you fixed the cut. Look at the 3/4 front views to compare. Maybe one screen-used lid was cut that way so they're reproducing it as part of their Frankenstein amalgamation of authentic asymmetries they're using as their example for us to examine for such things

Edited by charlesnarles
  • Like 1

If you're referring to their pic of the bucket rear, look how it's trimmed; the left side is vertical where the right side is diagonal. They just trimmed the right side more than the left. I don't think the tube looks that wonky if you fixed the cut. Look at the 3/4 front views to compare. Maybe one screen-used lid was cut that way so they're reproducing it as part of their Frankenstein amalgamation of authentic asymmetries they're using as their example for us to examine for such things

You are correct on the trimming issue.

Here is a screenshot from ANH that does show one example of a TD helmet with a slight droop on the back left side (the trooper on the far right).  It could be due to slipping of the S-trim or how it was trimmed.

pphuJH8.png

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

FYI I submitted a customer support request to Anovos asking whether the Hovi Mic tips and brow trim are included in the helmet kit. They are:

05/31/2015 10:48 am Joe Beaudoin

Yes, the mic tips and brow trim are included.

They are missing some revenue considering the price tag on their other stuff, like earlier mentioned "loss leader sale" is there.

Here are some thoughts I had:

- There was no mainstream market for kits.

- Pre-assembling is lots of additional labor and store + workspace requirement even if you know what you're doing, it's gonna cost.

- The license they're using can't be free.

- Here and today, they've been getting somewhat free advertising through the celebration, the legion, detachments, RPF, their members and facebook. 

- Those are the big markets for kits, preaching the DIY way like it's for the cool kids.

Anovos success will be greatly thanks to us.