Sterling L2A3 kit built in the USA

SoCalDwat

Quick question for anyone who's done a sterling conversion! What was your experience in finding the parts needed to build an ANH E-11 with either a kit for a Sterling L2A3 or somehow finding a deactivated one here in the states? I understand that in the UK it's much easier to find a deactivated weapon but in the US it can be quite tricky. Thanks for any input!

• 2 weeks later...

See my response in the thread linked below. Just wayyy too much to write again. You can go kit, deac Sterling, or parts kit. I went parts kit and heavily modified things, but the write up I did here should give you a good idea of everything but a deac Sterling. Deacs can be fairly expensive here, $600+. Feel free to reach out with any other questions. Also, if you want a real parts kit, APEX gun parts is the site to check out. Most cost efficient.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31360-sterling-demilled-parts-kits/ 

• Like 1

This site in US might help you find a good Sterling base: ---- I'd stay away from their conversions though, they are not that accurate. You could also get a Sterling at IMA USA: http://www.ima-usa.com/british-sterling-smg-mk-iv-parts-set-with-barrel-and-magazine.html

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Thanks for the replies! I got super busy with work the past few weeks and now I'm heading back to school until December when I graduate. I'll probably pick back up on this next April or so after next tax season has ended. Hopefully these places will still be in stock! :P