S&T(airsoft) Sterling L2A1 to E11 "build" thread

charlesnarles

I purchased a s&t and have converted it to an e11 blaster. I have cut down the magazine and is still usable holds about 30 6mm bb's. In stalled a the metal scope and counter box. Which is detachable using neo magnets and locking into the front barrel. Now the biggest mod was making the front barrel disassemble threw the front. To access the tracer mod system i made using uv leds.

Edited by speedracer

I purchased a s&t and have converted it to an e11 blaster. I have cut down the magazine and is still usable holds about 30 6mm bb's. In stalled a the metal scope and counter box. Which is detachable using neo magnets and locking into the front barrel. Now the biggest mod was making the front barrel disassemble threw the front. To access the tracer mod system i made using uv leds.

post-22952-0-24308400-1432877889_thumb.jpg

Edited by speedracer

That looks interesting, but you will at least have to correctĀ scope and magazine, as these are installed wrong on those pictures.

Ā 

Anyway, nice find and the corrections are at a minimum.

• 1 month later...

Small pseudo-update. Turns out their stock is close enough to the original specs that if I had gotten the "ready to install" version (without the cut-out piece of the main tube still attached at the pivot, which I wanted for my doopy build) then I'd be able to unscrew theirs and (I guess use a pop rivet or something to) attach the vintage one. I just can't imagine getting that bit of tube off of mine. Only "catch" is you'd have to open the cutout under the nose to fit the slightly bigger latch:

ohdDOoU.jpg

Ā 

An original end cap is frustratingly close to fitting, but doesn't quite let you. I would rather try to mod their cap than the mounting for the cap, since I can replace it quickly:

20bETEH.jpg

AupQBx0.jpg

• 1 month later...

Since the real one doesn't fit, I'll use it on my Doopydoo's. Still deciding whether to try to dremel the steel into the right shape or try to fit a resin one instead. The S&T cap is very thick where id be removing material, so I feel like it can withstand the change. I'm really interested in seeing their E11 edition with (apparently) more accurate cap and handle

• 2 weeks later...

So rather than converting one, has anyone seen this one from their website?Ā 

Thoughts? Is it Centurion standard out of the box?Ā 

Ā 

http://www.smartteam-shop.com/en/e11.html

It looks at if there are some of the guys from the Hong Kong Garrison that have been giving feedback to them on this one. They have since correct the scope to be accurate and I also believe the Magazine too - pretty cool none the lessĀ  :duim:

• Like 1

Yeah, theirs is looking much better than when I bought mine. The handle is more accurate now, and so is the end cap, my two biggest complaints. I wonder if it has lights and sounds AND shoots. And I wonder if they'll be selling functional airsoft M38 replica scopes and the other e11 parts separately or in kits maybe

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be curious. I'm hoping to head down to hong Kong in the next month and swing by and see them. I'll drop the Hong Kong garrison CO a line and see if he's heard anymore from them.

If you do, remind them we like to mod our own for accuracy. I'm hoping they offer a L2A3 and not JUST the E-11 "blacter."

Ā 

Many of us, myself included, have vintage scopes and counters waiting to go. It'd be a shame to have to rip off theirs to install ours. There prototype pic also shows the scope rail mounted to the receiver and not the rear site.

Ā 

Ā 

I've tried many times to reach out to ST with no reply. I'm glad to see the local garrison has made "First Contact."

Edited by Luke S
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm sure the issue's been resolved by now, but those looking at cutting the mag - that was simple. Hacksaw and a mitre box and it took give or take, 5 minutes. Something on mine i noticed on the cap plate was i couldn't get the thing off period - then a took a pair of plier and tweaked the ends inward a bit and it came right off. I didn't have to to even follow the full tutorial for modding a real mag that is on this site either. I'm guessing the material on the airsoft is much thinner than the original. There was on need to bend the sides out and trim it back - it fits tightly on the cut down mag.

Ā 

Curious if anyone found a way to get a grip on it. I've got a real grip, but there's just no way short of massively cutting their trigger assembly or replacing the entire thing it seems.

I have the real parts too, I'll have to post comparisons with calipers if someone doesn't beat me to it. I planned to use a black resin handle and just make enough room, but we'll see if that's possible. Same with grinding down either the grooves or the pegs so a real end cap can fit.