Thermal Detonator or?

So I am building my "thermal detonator" errr....  "O2 canister"....errr ...ummmm....

what is it exactly ????

---------------

Is there an "official" explanation from Lucasfilm about this?

Thanks!

Russell

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Hey Russell, Google Wookieepedia, (the Star Wars version of Wikipedia), and search Thermal Detonator.  Everything you could ever want to know, (and some things you didn't) about a TD is there.  I like Karin's answer the best, though!

• Like 1

It's the age old debate. I think the thermal det thing goes back to sometime in the 90's when the Star Wars Visual Dictionary came out and the o2 tank was labeled as a thermal det. I want to say there was another book from the late 80's that also listed it as a thermal det, but it's been too long and I just don't remember. I think in a way the new ep 7 Stormtrooper armor supports the o2 tank theory, since it looks like it wraps around the tank and wouldn't be easy to remove if it was ment to be a thermal det. Anyways it is just one of those things that flipflops every few years. It'll get mentioned in one book as a thermal det, another as an o2 tank.  I use think it was a thermal det for years until some of my buddies that are 501st members educated me about it.

Until Lucasflim/Disney makes an offical statement about it just call it which ever you prefer. Because there are offical sources that support both options.

Stormtroopers carry cylindrical thermal detonators that can be set for 6-18 seconds.

All stormtroopers possessed a Baradium-core code key thermal detonator attached to the back of their torso armor. The thermal detonators were specially designed to ensure that only the stormtroopers themselves could utilize them, thus ensuring that Rebel troopers could not use the Imperials' own explosives against them. The security measures for the stormtroopers' thermal detonators included an arming code. To further prevent the explosives from being used by enemy combatants, the buttons on the thermal detonator were unlabeled. Each thermal detonator arming code was unique, known only to the soldier to whom the device was issued.

Stormtroopers carry cylindrical thermal detonators that can be set for 6-18 seconds.

All stormtroopers possessed a Baradium-core code key thermal detonator attached to the back of their torso armor. The thermal detonators were specially designed to ensure that only the stormtroopers themselves could utilize them, thus ensuring that Rebel troopers could not use the Imperials' own explosives against them. The security measures for the stormtroopers' thermal detonators included an arming code. To further prevent the explosives from being used by enemy combatants, the buttons on the thermal detonator were unlabeled. Each thermal detonator arming code was unique, known only to the soldier to whom the device was issued.

Stormtrooper: "Crap where's the 'Forgot my Password' on this thing?!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stormtrooper: "Crap where's the 'Forgot my Password' on this thing?!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it up, down, left, left, X, Y or up, down, right, left, A, B, LB, RB?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk