Correct ESB neck trim

I just found in my notes, the the correct ESB neck trimm is the same as in ANH, pur part of the "S" has been cut off, for more head space or something like that.

Is this stil valid?

newesb_in04.jpg

Also, I can't find the "black, sticky stuff" anymmore. Any ideas?

So, what's the word about the neck trim now?

THE CRLs for Centurion  state "S-shaped", but judging by this pic, it is clearly not. And it is not u-shaped, either.

You can see a rough cut area in the red circle*

cut%20esb%20neck%20trim_zps3kzb0yzw.jpg

Also visible: the red and white over spray from the primer and top coat, resluting in a nice pink.

The "grey" primer, mentioned on starwarshelmets, is simply the standard HDPE clolor (RAL 7034) in a different lightnig.

Edited by Sonnenschein

Fair enough! :D   I didn't want to question  the CRL, , I ony want to build a correct replica ;)

I remember a long discussion about the cut trim some 5+ years ago, And I thought there was a conclusion by now.

But it still looks different from the trim used in ANH, IMO

It could be either. Could be a cut down version of the thick ANH S-trim. But we need more helmets to look at to know for sure.

• 1 month later...

It's regular 'S' profile trim. I don't know where the misconception of anything other than the ANH trim came from?

The trim used on the original helmets is not available anymore but the one I use is pretty close. Other makers use a larger trim where some use basic brow trim. I do have some old stock which is virtually identical to the original trim and looking to get some made in the near future :)

• Like 6