My first build - ROTJ Trooper

Hi Stu

Here a tip to tidy up the few little runs or bleeds you have.

Use Turps as it the most gentle of the thinners. Dip a toothpick in and gradually scrape the excess paint off. Remember to scrape towards the painted area, but I do suggest you wait a couple of days to make sure the paint is fully cured before you do this.

It's really coming together now, keep up the good work

• Like 1

Is there a trick to fitting the end caps on the detonator or am I being soft? Do I need to heat ten a little?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a trick to fitting the end caps on the detonator or am I being soft? Do I need to heat ten a little?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you sand the ends of the grey tube to taper them a bit like sharpening a pencil. Then you can slip the caps on and push them in. They will be tight.

70F57D54-2219-45E6-AD44-FBEB147388CA_zps

I will be making a new mould for these as I have found a metal pipe 1-2mm larger. This will make the caps slip on easier. But not until I'm in my new workshop. I have plenty of mould improvements to make on a lot of the moulds. Just don't have the time or space at the mo to do it.

Edited by sskunky
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So back to it - small break due to a back injury - fun. 

I trimmed out the forearms - I have my reference shots but just want to see if anyone can advise - do I need to remove return edges on forearms to flush? I've left some there to sand back/trim off but just checking.

80A012F4-81C8-4148-AC8F-B1488E4AF678_zpsF3B3B9C4-179F-4E6E-9643-FB9CAC871E27_zpsCA7C04DE-7188-4BF2-B114-D2B3522DB278_zps

• Like 1

So back to it - small break due to a back injury - fun.

I trimmed out the forearms - I have my reference shots but just want to see if anyone can advise - do I need to remove return edges on forearms to flush? I've left some there to sand back/trim off but just checking.

80A012F4-81C8-4148-AC8F-B1488E4AF678_zpsF3B3B9C4-179F-4E6E-9643-FB9CAC871E27_zpsCA7C04DE-7188-4BF2-B114-D2B3522DB278_zps

For Centurion "no return edges on the forearms" allowed Edited by K@nne
  • Like 1

Yes, remove the return edges and glue with the inner half overlapping the outer detail half. I know it looks wrong but it's actually how the original Rotj arms and thighs were glued. A recent discovery.

• Like 2

Yes, remove the return edges and glue with the inner half overlapping the outer detail half. I know it looks wrong but it's actually how the original Rotj arms and thighs were glued. A recent discovery.

The same way for the shins? Glue Ing the inner ober the outer will help me with my tights